Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Kit, Part Numbers

Smiler AS

I have managed to source a touch and go system for the Rav.

Looking at fitting USB aux for iPod connection too, I think part number PZ473-00267-00 but does that do the touch and go system to as we'll as the previous head units.

Ta

Aaron

All ordered, cheers very much Kingo.

Think I will be pushing my luck here, but whats the chances of me replacing the B9004 with the touch and go unit , utilising the existing wiring (being an XT5) for reversing camera and fitting that to the "touch and go" unit (just by buying a highlander camera unit)??

The mind boggles! :bored::bored:

Can ah jist ask.........will this unit sign into the T & G Toyota website? It has already presumaly been registered before which required the VIN details of the donor vehicle, in order to get free updates, or if you win the lottery, buy map updates......? Jist wunner'n.......

Big Kev

Can ah jist ask.........will this unit sign into the T & G Toyota website? It has already presumaly been registered before which required the VIN details of the donor vehicle, in order to get free updates, or if you win the lottery, buy map updates......? Jist wunner'n.......

Big Kev

Dunno, it is a used item.

I might just have to purchase the updates if need be.

Have the units software gone through many updates already?

As long as I get my sat nav for wandering the highlands and missus gets her ipod connected, il be happy at that.

I know the units capable of a lot more, but haven't looked into it much yet.

Big Kev

Dunno, it is a used item.

I might just have to purchase the updates if need be.

Have the units software gone through many updates already?

As long as I get my sat nav for wandering the highlands and missus gets her ipod connected, il be happy at that.

I know the units capable of a lot more, but haven't looked into it much yet.

Have been two or three updates since got car in Oct 12, but they tell you very little about them on site. Then you download and plug stick into car, and whilst transferring to unit, it erases yer details, so you have to do it again.....non impressed thus far.

Called Toyota, Ive to take the unit down to local dealer, they will get the unit number, trace original details and clear info so I can re register it online under my car...........................providing this all retro-fits in to my XT5...............fingers crossed.

Spent ages last night comparing rears and looking at the slots (ooh err)- look all the same.

Aaron

From about Dec 2008 production, I believe Toyota moved from a 24 pin connector for things like camera and telephone mic to a 20 pin connector.

My belief is that cable kit is for post 2008 production vehicles.

I don't think replacing a B9004 willl be a straight plug and play swap, but I may be wrong.

The B9004 does use a 20 way connector for the steering wheel control signals.

If the connector crimps are the same size in both 24 and 20 way connectors, you may be able to flip open the connector Shell lock, back out the relevant crimps in the 24 way and swap them across into the existing 20way steering control connector Shell. That's far neater than any other cut and splice hackety bodge.

The steering wheel control connector pin numbers are the same in the 20 way connector in both pre and post Dec 2008 models.

The harness adapter kit should then work. *I think*

main power and Speakers stay the same.

I would have bought that unit several hours before you, but I was waiting on answers from the seller, about the complications of the unit being registered on the touch and go site. So you beat me to it. :).

Il give it a go, worst case, I hang onto the unit until next Rav comes along (missus wants to change the Auris for another Rav) and I can use the Sat Nav / Go part.

I'm going on the basis or better term 'winging it' on that the std. 6 cd headunit has been present for the whole life of the 4.3 so (hoping) there must be some standardisation with wiring!!

mmmmm, ariel connection seems to be where im falling short??

Current unit has std round pin connection, new touch unit has a square block connection with 2 smaller round hole connections - "FAKRA" connection??

I will put some pics up, see if anyone has any ideas.

Well, ariel connection okay, got a FAKRA adapter from Halfords on way home.

Got the main two white blocks plugged in E52 & E53, ariel and sat nav.

All powers on great, sat nav picks up fine, radio tuned in.......but...........

Only problem - got no sound at all!!!!!

Plug in the B9004, got sound okay, so I didn't screw up Speakers.

If I power on the touch and go, it automatically says "audio off", then if I hit meadio then source, select playing cd and turn volume up = nothing, display isn't even showing numbers going up for volume control.

Question for "touch and go" users - if you turn the volume up on "touch and go", do you get something on screen saying volume level increasing??