Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opening/closing Door Sound

wah07

Hi pps,

I wanted to know what this sound is. When opening the drivers door all the way out and closing back and forth I can hear a rubbing sound. Don't know if I am explaining correctly but that's the best I can explain.

The front passenger door doesn't make that noise but the rear ones do but less. I also had cracking/squeaking sound on the drivers door and that went away after putting grease on the joints and rubber.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Is it the checkstrap.earlier ones were all metal.and could make alsorts of funny noises if not given a drop of oil/grease now and again.

The ones on my Auris are plastic coated but i put a drop silicon grease on them anyway.

acetip, Thanks for your reply.

It is the rubber strap and it seems like it is that, I have applied grease to it and see how it goes.

A few other things... I am getting rattle sounds from the rear of the car which seems to be coming from the tailgate, I have applied grease to the boot latch and striker and put silicone spray on the strut ball joints but still there is noise.

Also the drivers door is making sounds when I go over uneven roads, it seems like it is the door seal. I have put grease on the door hinges and door lock latch and striker but still it isn't solved. I have noticed when looking at the black trim strip of the door from the outside it doesn't sit as far in as the one on the passenger door. So maybe it could be this?

I appreciate the help