Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Double Din Fascia

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

HI GUYS & GIRLS

I've been thinking :chair: ...about tinkling with a double din stereo now...began with the stock radio (obviously) and went on to a single din...found a fascia that fitted perefect...no problems and straight forward...HOWEVER i've read quite a few postings on here that a double din fascia is a totally different story...heard its difficult to find one that fits the corolla vent surround perfect AND then the double din stereo to fit the fascia...

Sooooooo...any ahelp and advice and recommendations would be utmost appreciated! :flowers:

Hey Sam,

Remember reading similar things about double din units.

Doubt anyone will be making anything better now the rollas are getting so old.

What about modifying a single unit fascia to take a double unit ??

Hey Sam,

Remember reading similar things about double din units.

Doubt anyone will be making anything better now the rollas are getting so old.

What about modifying a single unit fascia to take a double unit ??

HI...I knew i could rely on you for some input lol...seems as if the guys are too busy nowadays...

Funny you mentioned the modification idea...it was only this weekend gone that i thought about that...had a spare single din fascia and decided to try...and what a mess i made of it...nope that doesnt work in anyway...you'll end up with a gaping gap on either side...

Now as im a perfectionist...it means if i cant get a double din fascia that will look p.e.r.f.e.c.t as if out of the factory...i'll give up on the double din idea all together!

Hey have you heard about those connect2 units where you connect it to your existing stock radio via the cd changer port and you can listen to your i phone/usb/etc? hmmmm that might be an idea instead! :gora:

Hi Sam,

If you are feeling rich there are some double din units around like these though no idea what they are like and how good they fit.

Would not consider getting one from outside the uk as at that price I would want a good warranty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Corolla-Pioneer-Car-CD-DVD-Player-USB-MP3-Radio-Double-Din-Stereo-Kit-/400460128323?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5d3d48a043

Sounds like those connect2 units are popular, though not that cheap.

Had tried one of those FM units that feed MP3 outputs to the stock radio unit, not too bad.

Problem I found was messing around with the MP3 player during the journey, too dangerous, too fiddley and too many wires around,much prefer to just use the standard inbuilt radio /cd controls.

Suppose a smart phone via bluetooth would be a simpler and safer way ?.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links