Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Gen 3 - Pre June 2010 And Post June 2010

simon6303

Hi all

I am getting very close to buying a Prius but I want to know is there a different between the Pre and Post June 2010 Prius other than the warranty period is longer?

thank you

simon

The Toyota five year warranty was introduced for all models in June 2010. According to the Honest John review there were no changes in spec, etc to the Prius in June 2010.

Changes that were introduced in 2010 were:

July 2010

A new Safety Pack option was introduced which includes the Pre-Crash Safety system (PCS) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), which use radar-based controls to help the driver avoid accidents happening, and minimise the consequences should the worst happen. The pack also includes leather upholstery, dusk-sensing headlights, LED low beam headlights with washers, an auto-dimming rear view mirror and water-repellent front side window glass.

October 2010

'Street-sharp' special edition Prius with front, rear and side skirts, 17-inch smoked-finish alloys, dark-tinted privacy glass, high-quality black leather upholstery, embossed with the 10th anniversary logo. The new look belongs to a special edition model that celebrates the world-beating hybrid’s first 10 years in the UK. The new Toyota Prius 10th Anniversary remains as fuel-frugal and tax-friendly as its more sober-suited stablemates, with 70.6mpg and 92g/km combined cycle consumption and CO2 emissions.

Prius 10th Anniversary shares the same equipment specification as the top-of-the-range T Spirit model, so comes equipped with HDD satellite navigation (with integrated sound library), rear parking monitor, bluetooth, Intelligent Park Assist, cruise control, smart entry and start, rain-sensing wipers and head-up display.

Only 1,000 examples are to be built, making this the most exclusive production Prius yet. White Pearl or Astral Black exterior paint finishes are available, and the on-the-road price is £26,150, inclusive of VAT at 20%. Orders are being taken from October 2010, with first deliveries to customers January/February 2011.

If you like the idea of the Safety Pack, don't get your hopes up. I reckon they sold about six, because I've been looking for a used Prius for sale with adaptive cruise for the past year and only ever seen one, (and that was a no hoper of a vehicle). I've looked (at online photos of the giveaway steering wheel) at what must be hundreds.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links