Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Code Reader

the fox

I know a lot of members ask about a decent code reader I used on yesterday it was a Launch Creader V it was bought on eBay for about £30 it comes with life time undates via the web, I was amazed how good it was it even did freeze.live data all the sensors/components could be seen working in Grapth form etc it shows the vaules of the same, works I was told on all OBD2 I looked on eBay and they have a newer version a V1 but a bit dearer before anyone asked I have no connection to Launch or eBay etc,etc

Just got myself a bog standard £15 u480.
All I need now is to learn how to use it . :help:

I just use Torque app with a bluetooth Obd gizmo.

Keith

HI keith

hope you dont mind me asking

how does this OBD unit work? you mention its bluetooth so just a bit curious

Ash

Just plug it in by the bonnet pull and switch on the ignition. Follow the instructions with the reader but basically you just scroll down and enter. Be sure to write any stored codes down before erasing.

Thanks Keith

Will look into that one then

Ash

Just plug it in by the bonnet pull and switch on the ignition. Follow the instructions with the reader but basically you just scroll down and enter. Be sure to write any stored codes down before erasing.

Thanks Ancs..

Used it today,just came up saying 'no codes detected'.

Does that mean I have no fault codes'.. or, that it doesnt work on my T180 ?

Sorry if thats a dim question.

It will work OK on the T180. You just have no codes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know a lot of members ask about a decent code reader I used on yesterday it was a Launch Creader V it was bought on ebay for about £30 it comes with life time undates via the web, I was amazed how good it was it even did freeze.live data all the sensors/components could be seen working in Grapth form etc it shows the vaules of the same, works I was told on all OBD2 I looked on ebay and they have a newer version a V1 but a bit dearer before anyone asked I have no connection to Launch or ebay etc,etc

Ordered one of these off Amazon, turned up today, updated it (because I could) works a treat, thanks for the tip.

Gus

Ciao Gus, mi dici il modello che hai comprato, cosi vedo se è disponibile su Amazon.it. Grazie Bruno.

Thank a lot Gus. Do you believe that work on Rav4 2200 136 hp?

Hi Gus ,Hi everyone

Do you or enybody knows if you can enter the bsr codes in the system with this device?

Regards

Mikis

I think I am right in saying that only Toyota have the in house software to load or change runflat sensor codes, Mikis......why would Toyota and Bridgestone make their runflat cartel THAT easy to interrupt.....?

I know this will appeal to your Englishness, Gus, but no need to pay that price unless that really good wee gadget has facilities other than required for basic code ID and cancellation. One on eBay at half that price, but not as posh looking.

Big Kev.

• 1 month later...

Hi, will it erase/reset oil service indicator on Rav 2009.

Cheers

Pete

You don't need any tools for that. Just follow the instructions in the oil change tutorial pinned at the top of the RAV page.