Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota 160 Point Used Approved Checklist

bobkneale

The 160 point checklist that is related to approved used Toyota's as follows:

http://www.toyotacertified.com/inspection.html

I am informed by my UK dealer that it is USA related only and does not apply to Toyota in the UK.

Positive Regards,

Bob.

• Like 1

In the UK the Toyota Approved programme provides:

1. Toyota Approved Quality Check

Prior to sale, every Toyota Approved Used Car is submitted to a rigorous inspection by an approved technician working to a Toyota approved checklist.

Any work necessary to bring the car up to the high standard required is carried out prior to being offered for sale.

The inspection is mandatory on all vehicles that are prepared for sale under the Toyota Approved Used Car programme.

The following areas are covered by the inspection:

Service validation

Interior check

Engine compartment check

Underbody check

Exterior check

Road test

Full valet

2. 12 months Toyota comprehensive warranty

All major components of your vehicle are included in the 12 months Toyota Warranty.

Covered parts

a. Lighting equipment:

Front and rear lamps, number plate illumination lamps, headlamps, headlamp aim, stop lamps, rear reflectors, rear fog lamps, hazard warning lamps and controls, direction indicator controls, fog lamp on and off indicator light.

b. Brakes:

Controls including ABS system if the warning light does not work in the correct sequence, the condition of the service brake and parking performance, corrosion of brake pipe (Frictional cover is not covered when the condition is related to wear and tear)

c. Steering and suspension:

Steering control, steering mechanism and system power steering, transmission shafts, wheel bearings, front and rear suspension and shock absorbers.

d. General:

Windscreen wipers and washers, vehicle structure, fuel injection and ECU replacement as a result of failure to meet MOT exhaust emission standards.

Seats and seat belts:

All seat belt mountings, their condition and operation, driver and passenger’s seat mountings and backrest security in an upright position.

3. Vehicle Provenance Check

The following checks are carried out on every Approved Used Car either through HPI/NMR or Experian/VMC and a certificate is supplied with every vehicle:

•Mileage verification

•There is no outstanding finance agreement

•The vehicle has not been stolen

•The vehicle has not been involved in a major accident

4. Vehicle Exchange Plan

Should you have reasonable cause to not be satisfied with your car, you can return it within 30 days (with no more than 500 miles covered since collection/delivery) and exchange it for another of at least equal value exclusive of any accessories.

This 30 day vehicle exchange agreement is in addition to your statutory rights as a customer and is subject to the condition as detailed on the reverse of the agreement certificate.

You will be responsible for paying any difference in value if the replacement vehicle is a higher price than the original vehicle.

Only one exchange shall take place and the Toyota Approved 30 day vehicle exchange agreement shall not apply to any replacement vehicle.

In addition any costs which are incidental to the exchange of a vehicle will be payable by you, the customer, e.g. transfer costs of any outstanding credit agreement other that Toyota Finance and the removal or transfer of accessories.

If the Toyota Approved Used Car is subject to a hire purchase agreement with Toyota Finance, a modifying agreement will be completed.

5. Toyota Roadside Assistance

All Toyota Approved Used Cars include 12 months, AA Roadside Assistance or an equivalent level of cover.

The Roadside Assistance includes:

•Homestart

•Onward journey

•Collection and transportation to your local centre

•48hr replacement vehicle

•Car hire and onward travel expenses in case of breakdown

•European assistance

• Like 1

There have been a few people on here who have found items missing from their approved purchase

Things that spring to mind are:

No head rests

No Tray under the rear seat

No punchure pump

No User guide/manual

No Audio/satnav manual

Alloy wheels badly scuffed

etc etc

mine had minor items, carper hooks broken off and locking clips holding the rear pocket in place either side and no manuals

David

• Like 1

Thanks for all above responses, it is amazing how my dealer was so quick to tell me that the 160 point check I thought was relevant was incorrect for the UK, yet did not bother to mention the list as stated above that is relevant to Toyota UK.

Many Thanks to David & "Frostyballs" for super fast responses !

I learn something every day !

Positive Regards,

Bob.

• Like 1

There have been a few people on here who have found items missing from their approved purchase

Things that spring to mind are:

No head rests

No Tray under the rear seat

No punchure pump

No User guide/manual

No Audio/satnav manual

Alloy wheels badly scuffed

etc etc

mine had minor items, carper hooks broken off and locking clips holding the rear pocket in place either side and no manuals

David

Carpet hooks break easily. But when ordered... they cost little and I got a plastic bag with about ten (10) of them. Even the T dealer was surprised.

I have replaced them on 2 occasions now / the main left one in my drivers position (left hand driving / you know what I mean)...

After reading all the above replies to my post, I see that some people may have suffered more than me regarding various things wrong / and / or missing from the car.

This again just goes to show the variability in Toyota dealers.

Positive Regards,

Bob.

• Like 1

Hi Peter

Great to see your ok

I have replaced the hooks. My guess it was the previous owner taking it to hand cleaning places that caused the damage. Probably just ripped the carpets our the dont waste time re-fitting them. The thing is its attention to detail, makes the world of difference to me being presented with 2 key fobs, not crudded up with finger dirt and owner manuals. The amount of questions people ask on here of which if they had been given a user handbook , they could have answered their selves. The operation of the smart entry springs to mind, and fuse identification etc. a safety check isn't the same as a well presented car. You should never in my mind, have to point out all the things visually wrong with the car that you want put right before you pick the car up, then discover when you do go to pick it up, half of them have not been done and the sales person then says ' oh sorry sir, leave it with us and we will get it sorted for you" personally i dont think the car should be put on viewing display unless its available to pick up after the paperwork is complete. You should not have to go round with the sales person and them making notes of the problems. They should have done that before you ever saw the car for sale. How does headrests get missed? No tyre weld pump. Bits missing. Etc. The truth is they sell what they can get away with.

David

• Like 1

The plastic hooks in my car are mounted in such a way that they are off the floor in the front... so if you step on them / on the ring in the carpet... they will bend downwards and eventually break.... Due to the amount of force applied on them... The type of plastic is not such that it will easily bend... rather it will break. :-(

I agree on your remark that the dealer should do more before selling. But until today, I have noticed that every time I bought a used (premium / star+ / whatever) car.... always there was something wrong / not done good... something you had overlooked before buying and still you had looked very very good to see if all was OK...

You had to go back and deal with it...

With the new car, there was no problem. Only that the car I exchanged it with, I did not take all the loose stuff out. My bad... I delivered my car with way too nice wheels / alloys.. instead of the original ones... It did not make more money of it... cause they resell the car the moment you bring it in...

And I told you ... we went to another dealer... cause of the agony with the first one...

I must have been lucky then.

The first thing I did when I got home was check the car over and found everything there, jack, pump, wheel wrench, locking wheel nut key, clips in the storage box, full handbook, Headrests, two keys Etc.

My car wasn't fitted with carpets although four intact carpet clips were fitted. I imagine the carpets were a bit dirty when they received and cleaned the car so rather than replace them they just removed them. If I knew at the time they were missing I'd have asked for a set as part of the deal but never mind, only £30 for a set and I have now got 4 spare clips too although not broken any yet. :)

Car went back to the dealer once after I purchased it and that was for the digital display replacement to allow the MPG to go up to 99.9mpg. I requested this and I didn't expect it to be done by them before selling the car.

My experience with Motorline Toyota at Horsham has been first rate. :)

Craig.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links