Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Potential Purchace

Darius28

Hi peeps. Went to have a look at 56 plate 2007 2L D4D Avensis, with 63k on the clock, full service history. The only bit is worrying me that the car has had 4 owners! But inside and out it looks great, clean tidy no marks, basically cant fault it. Engine is smooth, ride was good too. The only thing i have noticed was the humming noise once reached 40mph and sometimes at lower speed, I guess it was the wheel bearings or is it something else it might be. Was quite hard to distinguish where it is coming from. Should i check on something else prior making final decision?

I have mentioned to the salesman and he said that it will get sorted prior the sale, because it will have to get it warranted etc. The car is from Toyota dealers though, expecting to be up to the standard.

Thanks

If the price is right and you get 12 months warranty it sounds ok.

Make sure you get the 2 black keys and 1 grey key, the satnav dvd if fitted, the owners handbook for car and satnav along with the service records either in a stamped book or a print out from their system.

Regards,

Pete.

I had a 55 plate petrol with a similar rumble. It sounded like a wheel bearing or tyres and started about 40mph and was loudest around 60-70mph. Once above that speed the road noise took over. Changing the tyres made no difference. There was no play on any of the wheel bearings and the mileage was low. It never changed in the year I owned it and I sold it still with the rumble. Personally I wouldn't buy it until it was fixed, the dealer will pamm you off til doomsday unless they can find a specific fault to remedy - which they won't be able to find. The noise gets more and more annoying the longer you've had the car BTW. Maybe that's why it's had 4 owners. There are plenty of these cars around - look for one without a fault, or at least one that the dealer will remedy before you buy it.

Its T-3x model so no satnav unfortunately, and the price as from dealers is quite low i think £5,5k. I will make them first to have a look at that noise issue and solve it before committing to buy. I cant deal with things like that and rattles and humming noises are doing my head in as i spent 2 hours a day in the car every day lol. I was thinking that it might have been due to winter tyres fitted but i doubt it.

If it has winter tyres fitted that may be the cause. Ever heard an army LandRover go past? Their tyres howl. Whatever, you are correct to get the dealer to solve it or walk away. You will grow to hate the car if it remains.

You never know what nightmares await once you have completed the purchase of a car so it's good to know there was none at least at the time you bought it. Otherwise your already on a back leg trying to get things sorted. I agree there are loads of these cars available so if in doubt walk away.

I had a call from them today with partex figure which i took as bit of the taking the ***** offer. They offered 1k less for my car what i was expecting and other garages offered. So told them and they have gone to do more work and havent heard since.

I used to have winter tyres on my previous Avensis and it wasnt that bad. This noise i was hearing it was quite deep and couldnt even hear the road noise. So not sure and almost made a decision to leave it. Going to see other one TR spec. Same dealers just different branch lol. Of course if the car wont be sold by then.

Just a quick update. Went to see another Avensis 57 plate 48k on clock, TR model hoping that this is it thats gonna be the one i am looking for. Unfortunately that was 60 miles one way wasted for nothing! Well ****** off. The car was unbelievable tired, dirty, mechanically dangerous to drive i would say. Brakes were knackered, bearing in mind had new break pads, steering wobbly, all sorts of sounds from the engine department and Toyota dealers wanted 7k for it!? Wasnt worth a half of that amount. Previous one with 4 owners looked as brand new comparing with this one. I couldnt believe that the main dealers are trying to sell such car. :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links