Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abnormal Revving

ellieamy

Hello,

I recently bought a 2011 manual yaris. for the past couple of days i have noticed that when i turn on the car it revs between 1000-2000 revs without me accelerating, I can actually get upto 20km without even letting my foot touch the accelerator.

Could anyone tell me what might be causing this?

Many thanks!

Hello,

all cars normally run the engine at higher revs when the engine is cold but that's not normal so take it into a Toyota dealers as your car has 5 years warranty.

Pete.

Hello,

all cars normally run the engine at higher revs when the engine is cold but that's not normal so take it into a Toyota dealers as your car has 5 years warranty.

Pete.

I completely agree. If the r.p.m. is over 1000 when the engine is warm something is wrong. My wife has the 2011 1.3 Yaris and it does not behave like that.

Regards Geoff Peace.

My Mk3 CVT does the little hump dance when starting from cold and it usually settle down after a few secs , once warm it seems to idle about 600rpm

are you using genuine floor mats? if not are the mats touching the pedal to cause it to rev?

Alex

Mines the genuine floor mats from Toyota and they are not touching the pedals at all .

I don't think my has an issue , but the OPs car needs to be checked out by Toyota

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links