Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diesel Fuel Filter

R1star

Hello everybody I hope your all enjoying this weather lol.My SR180 is due its 5th service in a couple of weeks time.Its only a minor service but I was wondering when is the fuel filter due for a change.As I say the car is 5 years old and has 48k on the clock.Is it worth changing now or do I save my money.Also at what milage or age does Toyota do a major service.I've had the car 2 years now, besides the crap mpg its certainly a rapid little car.Love the torque for overtaking.

Change the filter mate. Look on eBay for a genuine Toyota (Denso) on for about a tennor rather than £38 from main stealer...

Thanks for the reply. I haven't looked into it yet but is their much involved to change it myself. I recently did my Starlet and it only took me half hour tops.

It's easy to change. Hard to access you'll need to remove the plastic below the windscreen. And remove air filter case. Other than that, it's just taking off the hoses. Undoing 2 bolts. And lifting it out. It's attached to a housing so be sure to take a picture before taking off the filter so you know how to put the new one back on. You'll defo need a filter removal tool unless your hands are made of rubber!

You'll need to press the button on top at least 30 times to prime it otherwise it won't start.

Order a filter from Europarts or something. It's a simple Job. Good luck mate.

Thanks for the reply. That don't sound to bad I reckon I could do that easy enough.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links