Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Service Plan Or Not ?

Mtalhead72

Our Rav4 D2D X-TR is coming up to the time for its 60,000 service. I rang our local Toyota garage to discuss service plans and he quoted me £780 (for the three years). He said to me, that at the 60,000 service, would cost me £380 alone (as it a big service).

Is the service plan really worth it or should I just go to a local garage.. £380 a service (60,000 or not) seems quite excessive .. Let along £780.. What do you think ?

Our Rav4 D2D X-TR is coming up to the time for its 60,000 service. I rang our local Toyota garage to discuss service plans and he quoted me £780 (for the three years). He said to me, that at the 60,000 service, would cost me £380 alone (as it a big service).

Is the service plan really worth it or should I just go to a local garage.. £380 a service (60,000 or not) seems quite excessive .. Let along £780.. What do you think ?

Depends what importance you personally attach to "Full Toyota service history.... " We all like to see this when BUYING, but seem to lose sight of it when asked to pay in the run up to selling.

Big Kev

One advantage of the service plan is that it is a fixed price and you can spread the cost evenly. Another advantage is that the cost of oils/lubricants is covered. Who knows how much they will cost in a couple of years? They certainly won't get any cheaper.

Word of caution, I think you'll find the plan is for three services, not three years, so think about your mileage.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank guys, just sign up for the service plan. Seems a sensible route to go as a full Toyota service history is important to me.. plus its MOT time in a couple of weeks and that free :)

You sure the MOT is free and not just a free re-test if they find an issue and remedy it?

They charged me for the initial test last year............................