Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starter Motor

rambler

As title.

Had my new shiny turbo fitted yesterday,easy to see behind the engine,had new starter motor as well.

But.....where is the starter motor located please ?...i just cant see it,looking for shiny new bits.

As title.

Had my new shiny turbo fitted yesterday,easy to see behind the engine,had new starter motor as well.

But.....where is the starter motor located please ?...i just cant see it,looking for shiny new bits.

Much as many Englanders are related to ET, you would require his neck to see it looking doon into engine compartment....!

Got car back then?

Never mind where it is - does it all work OK?

As title.

Much as many Englanders are related to ET, you would require his neck to see it looking doon into engine compartment....!

Got car back then?

Never mind where it is - does it all work OK?

Ok..............

After a NIGHTMARE drive to dealership.

ALL my howling noises have gone and no smoke ,it now runs smoothly and quietly,best it been for a few years tbh.

Seems as though ALL the howling noises must have been from the turbo....in some way or another.

The new starter sounds a lot quieter from cold when turn the key,more responsive and starts faster,although i've yet to try starting a ' hot ' engine as hav'nt needed to drive very far yet.

But.,.......i did leave a note on the dash to the T technician,saying that he / she must be SURE that a new starter motor WILL solve the issue.

So as far as they are concerned.......it has been solved,as they did try starting it hot and cold themselves ( thats what they said ) ....but I WILL try tomorrow evening for myself.

And tbh i'm a bit nervous doing it,so will try outside the house after a drive home from work,if it does'nt...its straight back to them !.

After all....its what i paid for,to cure a problem.

Result. Jamie.....good wan.

Result. Jamie.....good wan.

Thanks Kev

TBH.......when i was there,the sales staff had seen me arrive,( in a big puff of smoke ),they were quite taken back at the condition of my Rav4....for its age ( although it has been off roaded ),i've no dents,i cleaned it inside out totally before i took it there.

Although i arrived,broken down........i also arrived GLEAMING which felt sooooo good.

You said yourself the starter feels different. If there was nothing wrong with the old one you wouldn't notice "much" difference.

Hope it's perfect now!

Dave

You said yourself the starter feels different. If there was nothing wrong with the old one you wouldn't notice "much" difference.

Hope it's perfect now!

Dave

Well Dave ,its at least turning the engine over now ,and far faster & more power and quieter than before and sounds loads more positive ,it actually sounds like a new toyota diesel when it starts.

I believe all the diesel ravs on here have always taken 2 to 3 cranks of the engine before fireing,mine cranks it like a new one.

Makes me smile.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links