Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got The New Clutch Etc But....

cooper12000

I got my car back yesterday afternoon from the dealer!! While they were putting a new engine in it for me i got them to fit a new clutch, release bearing and flywheel. While I realise a new clutch etc needs time to bed in and settle down im a little confused about how mine is behaving.

the bitting point seems to be on the floor or with in the first 1/8th of pedel travel. however i accept this may be normal as they car had done best part of 90k when i got it on the origonal clutch.

what is more worrying (to me) is when ever i depress the clutch to change gear there is a strong deceleration like someone is pressing the brake pedel quite firmly (to the point i had some idiot have to swerve to avoid me cos he was following to close and had no warning ). I thought the dmf was supposed to elliminate that and be more effective than the old system of a pressure plate.

I know i can take it back to the dealers and ask them but i wanted a second opinion befor i go back and waste thier time if its me being over sensative or it just needs time to bed in.

coop

Sounds as though your brakes are dragging, which is weird.