Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Size Of Spare Wheel

celica kid

my friend bought a celica and the space saver spare wheel was missing

and he wants to buy a second hand one. does any know if it is a 15 inch or 16

inch wheel

AFAIK, all Celica's have had full size spares - and they've been alloys too :)

It'd help greatly if you actually told us which year of Celica it is.

If it's standard then it's most likely 15" - but tell us the year please.

Thats odd. They all had alloys as spares? cos I jsut checked mine cos I know it's a biscuit (space saver). It suprised me that it was infact a 15" but as for an alloy having a tyre width of 135??? It must be an expensive alloy too cos its gold... just faded to a dull yellow, should I polish it up? Theres no way an alloy would fit in my boot. The spacesaver even requires a raised piece of the boot floor to accommodate it!!! No way even the !Removed! got an alloy in there. But yeah I'd go 15".

sorry it is a 96 st202 and GT-FOUR NZ is right there is no way any wheel but a space saver is going to fit in tried to put a standard wheel in but it sits to high.

he picked up one today from the breakers yard £32.00 and it fits like a glove.

Mine is a UK 1.8ST, with a 14 inch alloy, the carpet in the boot is shaped to fit the raised wheel. !Removed! pain in the ***** tho.

Yeah, the GT-4 very probably did just have a spacesaver wheel as standard because the boot is actually smaller in the ST205 than the ST202.

About you thinking a fullsize spare won't fit - the carpet above it should'nt be flat, they bulge out, so that a fullsize spare will fit (as Ricksta said).

• 2 weeks later...

just an update the wheel was a space saver T135/70/16. doh if we looked in the glovebox at the info on tyre pressure it gives the wheel size there. and even with the space saver in it still requires a raised piece of the boot floor.