Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Have A Question About My Daily Emails

terryirwin

Two problems:

I used to get one email per day with several new topics/posts in it. I have started to get one email per topic/post so get 2/3/4 emails per day. Any reason for this or is it a fault in the system?

Secondly every daily email I get now has `  ` repeated ad nauseam throughout each post. What is going on?

Have completely failed to find a way to contact the club /Admin so have had to resort to posting a new topic.

Hope someone can assist.

Thanks

Moved to 'General Discussion'. Have you checked your notification settings?

Apologies but am not an expert. Where do I find `notification settings`

Where your user name is displayed towards the top right hand corner, click on your user name, and a menu will drop down (two columns). Click on My Settings. In the left hand column you'll find Notification Options, click on that and this will take you to the preferences you will have one time have set.

There does seem to be one or two niggly problems with the site currently. I've had one where the time zone hasn't taken account of daylight saving time, and the times of my posts have been out.

On some posts as well (this seems to apply more if one hasn't signed in), an error message is showing on some posts - Internal Server error.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the long interval since my earlier query but not able to solve my problem at that time and have again got fed up with going through it every day.

In "Notification options" I cannot see any heading which allows me to say that I want one email per day containing all the new posts raised on the Avensis forum. Can you point me to precisely which box I am supposed to check to achieve this.

Also, on all the several emails I am sent each day they all still contain " " all the way through the post at irregular intervals. How on earth does this happen and can it be cured?

Hope you are able to help

Many thanks

terryirwin

You need to change the setting of "content I follow" Up on the top right hand side of the page, click the drop down box with your username in it (you need to be logged into your account to see it displayed like that)

You can then change the way you get your emails. I have never had notifications on one email, so i dont know how you got that, I dont think that is an option now, but you can opt out of receiving emails for say older topics you are no longer interested in

The #160 within the email seems to be a bug, I get it too, it is not something you can do yourself to sort out, it is a bug in the software sending the email I would say

Kingo :thumbsup:

Many thanks for your interest and concern. What I get are new topics posted each day which is what I want. Looks like I can`t get just one summary email so will just leave as is.

Thanks again

Terry