Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4D service interval??

MentalMickey

Hello cruel world

I have just taken delivery of a RAV4 D4D, well my better half has as I am stuck out on an oil rig, somewhere I'd rather not be at the minute:(

Can anyone tell me what the service interval is for this fine piece of machinery??

As an aside my wife reckons it is a lovely vehicle and much more frugal than the CRV petrol I traded against it.

Cheers

Mick:(

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't it say in you service manual/ instruction manual.

I think it is around 10,000 miles, but mechanics tell me that this is too long. Ideally, oil changes should occur at 3,000 miles, and servicing at 6,000 miles.

When considering where to get it serviced, try not to use dealers (unless the RAV is on warranty). They overcharge, waste time and give an appalling servie. I thought myself that the extra money was worth it, until I checked basic jobs that were not completed like lubrication.

Thanks Gregory,

It probably does give the service interval in the service manual, but like I say, I am offshore working here and havent seen it yet. The car is under warranty, and the warranty still holds even if you don't service it at a franchised dealer, as long as you use genuine Toyota parts. This fiddle of dealers saying warranties are invalid if your car isn't serviced by a dealer has been dealt with in the European courts I believe.

Is it just an oil change every 6000 or oil and filter?

Cheers

Mick

Well, depending on market service check is either 6,000 or 10,000 miles, and is stated in in the service manual... there is no reason (again it depends on market) that your oil change should be every 3,000 miles whatsoever... thats your mechanic trying to squeze few extra bucks out of you

you can change oil and filter anywhere, but toyota service is the best bet if you are under warranty, especially for larger services

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links