Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Lower Wishbone Bush ?

CharlieFarlie

T180 passed its MOT test yesterday with two advisory s

1 Was incorrect side marker bulbs being the wrong colour.. Thatl be the LEDs then ,,, No problems..

Second was one lower wishbone bush on the rear showing signs of perishing but no play or wear..

So should I get the bush changed ? Is it a DIY prospect ir a job for a garage ? Lastly what should it cost ?

Thanks.

There are several on the back charlie, its like a mechanical octopus. Do you know exactly which they are talking about? They sometimes spot a bit of a crack that never gets any worse and note it just to show they have been under it.

Take your pick from this lot Charlie

664172384_o.jpg

Aye! think yourself lucky you don't have to replace that lot. Lol.

Keith

Cor blimey thats a complicated set up ! I think I will just leave it for now as Don has said it may not get worse so will deal with it next year if it gets pulled up....

The tester commented on the side light bulbs as being the wrong colour.. So obviously a strict guy but I have no problems with that..

Thanks for the replies !!

We have had to replace both rear drop links on ours and they weren't cheap ( i think £250 per side, fitted) as it had to have the 4 wheel alignment done too. If you look at the car from behind ours looked 'sagged' on the affected side - thy both failed within 6 months of each other :(

I had a failing rear drop link too. Was astounded at Toyotas price though.

Just ended up buying this, fitted fine (didnt even need ramps, just jacked up car a little to take pressure off drop link and replaced it myself).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-RAV4-MK3-2006-ON-REAR-ANTI-ROLL-BAR-DROP-LINK-WITH-BUSHES-48830-42021-/300592529762?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ARav+4&hash=item45fcb60162

I fitted one just the other day. It was a copy part and cost £26 I think. Took about 15-20 minutes to fit.