Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've Only Been Gone Three Years.....

Demonic Angel

I think it's been about 3 years since my last login! Nice to still see some familiar names on here but so many new names too! Gone is the old blue Invision forum too I see! Loving the new design!

Anyway, it looks like this year will be my last year driving a Toyota. It's been almost 10 years since I joined this forum (crazy, huh!) and almost 10 years since buying my first Yaris. Since then I've bought another Yaris and my current Aygo and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole Toyota experience.

This forum has given me some great times in the past, I've met some amazing people, a few of whom I still consider to be good friends. I've been given amazing advice (and hopefully dealt out amazing advice in return, although a little unlikely! lol). I spent a few years as a moderator, which was, on the whole an interesting foray into the world of forum politics but also taught me that not everything on a forum is as simple as it seems. I have a serious amount of respect for anyone who becomes a moderator - treat them nicely, they deserve it! I also spent quite a while as the person with the largest number of forum posts (although I expect that's no longer the case), mainly because I talked quite a lot of ****! But I think I'm mainly known as being full of useless information, I hope my title of TOC Trivia Queen is still standing! lol

But I felt it right to come back one last time, to say some hellos and some goodbyes. It looks like I'll be moving over to VAG later on this year, either Audi or VW (not made up my mind properly yet!). I've loved my little Aygo. Kai is still trundling along almost 6 years after I bought him, but I need something bigger with a few more toys and the current crop of Toyotas don't inspire me like they once did. I never would have said that 3 years ago. I was Toyota forever! Nevertheless I'm grateful to Toyota for 10 years of wonderful driving memories and grateful for TOC for the meets, the JAEs, the CAEs, the BBQs, the people and the laughs and if the VAG lot are half as welcoming, I'll consider myself a very lucky lady indeed!

I keep up with a lot of the old TOC lot on Facebook, but if you remember me and you think I'll remember you, say hey!

Shame to see you go Em, keep popping in to say hello from time to time

Speaking as one who probably had their wrist slapped by Em, I would have to say -

YOU BL^^DY TRAITOR, GOING OVER TO THE DARKSIDE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, good luck with it anyway.

Good to see you back Em, just because you are turning German doesn't mean you cant pop in to say hello ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ach so........You desert us for ze Germans!

I did that once just to satisfy my ambition to own a Mercedes Benz

I remember the happy days of the "Carlo Blue Crew" and the many meets where your parking was a delight to watch ;)

Good luck for your future Em......It has been a pleasure to be acquainted with you

Hope you will look in occasionally as you will always be TOC Trivia Queen......Even if you do drive a German car!

Shame to see you go Em, keep popping in to say hello from time to time

Will do! Probably in another 3 years! Ha ha!

Speaking as one who probably had their wrist slapped by Em, I would have to say -

YOU BL^^DY TRAITOR, GOING OVER TO THE DARKSIDE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well, good luck with it anyway.

Hello Dave! Yes, I probably did.... I did like to deal out the punishments, mainly because all the blokes liked it, but I digress....

I'll tell Lord Vadar you said hi! ;)

Good to see you back Em, just because you are turning German doesn't mean you cant pop in to say hello ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Dank Kingo, ich werde in Kontakt bleiben! (Auch ich danke Ihnen Google Translate!)

Ach so........You desert us for ze Germans!

I did that once just to satisfy my ambition to own a Mercedes Benz

I remember the happy days of the "Carlo Blue Crew" and the many meets where your parking was a delight to watch ;)

Good luck for your future Em......It has been a pleasure to be acquainted with you

Hope you will look in occasionally as you will always be TOC Trivia Queen......Even if you do drive a German car!

Yes Steve, the Carlo Blue Crew were good times, and I do miss my old Yaris very much (sometimes I could do with the extra 20 bhp!)

I don't remember my parking being that bad (or that good! lol) but meets were always a blast, unfortunately I'm too busy to even consider them any more, but I'll always remember the good old days and the side-splitting fun we all had. Rihanna's 'Umbrella' will forever remind me of TOC'07 when all it did was rain!

And I don't drive a German car yet, will probably be September/October-time before I change as my parents are having the Aygo so I wanted to get it serviced and MOTd before they have it. I didn't just want to sell it to any old Tom, D1ck or Harry :P

You never know, I might hate my new Audi/VW.... I doubt it though! I was most impressed with the DSG gearbox in the VW I test drove last weekend ;). I might pop back once I've bought it to show you some pics (and hopefully you won't throw anything at it! lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Do what I did get a German car AND a Toyota!