Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can I Have 16" Alloys With A Toyota Auris Hybrid?

nespresso

I am recieving mixed messages from my local Toyota dealer. On the regular Auris you can choose 15, 16 or 17" wheels but apparently the Hybrid can only be supplied with 15" or 17". Is this true?

I am not keen on the 17". They look great but will have less feel, more road noise, have more expensive tyres and I would be more likely to damage expensive alloys. The 15" would be okay but they look a bit dinky. The 16" would be a good compromise, they look good too.

Thank-you :)

Steve

Of course you can have 16" wheels if you want them :-)

You just need to pay extra for the privilege!

16" wheels are shown in the New Auris brochure as optional

Of course you can have 16" wheels if you want them :-)

You just need to pay extra for the privilege!

Oh I fully expect to pay. No problem there.

But according to the website, brochure and salesperson Toyota won't put 16" alloys on the Auris Hybrid (only 15" or 17") but they will on the non hybrid models. I had accepted this odd fact but I spoke with another salesperson today who said he thought it was an option...

I am placing an order with the original salesperson Monday so was hoping someone here might post to say "yes, it can be done" before I meet with him.

It isn't a biggie, if they won't agree to 16" then I'll order 15" :)

Steve

As far as I am aware, there are a load of alloys in the brochure. If you decide you want a particular wheel and are willing to pay for them, then tell the salesperson what you want and he will get the part numbers and order them.

If they are not standard options, then when the car comes in, as part of its pdi, the dealer should swap the wheels and you end up with the four originals to sell on privately.

If they are not standard options, then when the car comes in, as part of its pdi, the dealer should swap the wheels and you end up with the four originals to sell on privately.

I didn't know that. Thank-you :)

If that is the case then I'll opt for the 15", I haven't the time or patience to advertise and sell a set of wheels.

Thinking about this, it woudnt be a practical solution for me anyhow because my cars are purchased through the business on 3-year contract hire. They are returned/changed every three years so I would need to store then return the original wheels.

I'll order 15" wheels.

Thank-you for the responses :)

I didn't know that. Thank-you :)

If that is the case then I'll opt for the 15", I haven't the time or patience to advertise and sell a set of wheels.

If you had a Gen 2 Prius you could get some of these environmentally friendly ones LOL, http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/16_Inch_Tansy_Daisy_White_Alloy_Wheels__6151

You were right. The Toyota dealer will supply and fit the 16" wheels but I would have to buy the original wheels too. It is odd that all the other Auris models can be supplied with 15", 16" or 17" wheels but the Hybrid only 15" or 17".

Anyhow, it isn't a deal-breaker. I placed an order today for the Auris Hybrid Icon (15" wheels) and Comfort Pack so I will have most of the benefits of the Excel model but without 17" alloys and Privacy glass. Delivery should be last week of June (I got the impression they could deliver it sooner but I don't need it before then).

So, I am about to join the Hybrid club :driving:

Steve

To re-iterate what i have just posted on another thread..i have changed my Prius17" alloys/tyres to 15" (mainly for all the reasons you say) bought from Wheelbase online,service/delivery and wheels all first class..would highly recommend

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/15_Inch_MSW_19_Silver_Alloy_Wheels__2690