Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bank 1, Sensor 2 Oxygon Sensor: Engine Warning Fault Report

Dartmoor1

Hi folks.

I had the engine warning light checked and my garage came back with the following fault report: "Bank 1, sensor 2 Oxygon sensor"

Can anyone advise what item I will need to purchase to fix this and how much it costs (and how much labout time it might take for my mechanic to fit it or is it really something that an ownder can do themselves.......perhaps with the guidance of yo clever forum users??)

Out of interest what exactly does the sensor do and what are the potential consequences if I don't get it fixed?

I have a 5Dr 2003 RAV4, 2 litre automatic

Cheers!

I have just been quoted the following from my mechanic:

Price for Oxygon Sensor supplied and fitted including VAT is £286.88! He didn't break that down by the cost of the item and the labour but I think that he charges aroung £50 per hour for labour.

heres a picture of the sensors.

when mine went I got one on eBay for about £70 I think.

post-112702-0-15000600-1366409715_thumb.

I have just been quoted the following from my mechanic:

Price for Oxygon Sensor supplied and fitted including VAT is £286.88! He didn't break that down by the cost of the item and the labour but I think that he charges aroung £50 per hour for labour.

How much!! You can buy a good quality denso replacement with correct plug for around £60-£70 , 5 mins to fit. Unplug then undo, refit and plug in, job done.
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links