Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoovie Pimps Funnerburd Too.

Big Kev

Photo attached of nice job done by Hoovie on wife's wee Rav wheels, painted and knackered....sorry.....lacquered, by Oor Hoovie. In fairness, considering their 9 years of use, they were not that bad, but were starting to suffer a wee bit by the lacquer being peppered by the small bricks that constitute "winter grit" up here now.

Nice Wan Hoovie min.

Big Kev

post-59404-0-67016400-1366389026_thumb.j

Nice job on the wheels. Not sure about the bonnet ornament though........................

Cheers Kev for the kind words :)

I have to say there is a world of difference in the quality and longevity of the German-made TTE wheels compared to the usual Japanese-made Toyota wheels that corrode within a few years and just CANNOT handle the UK climate and road treatments.

edit: added missing word in CAPITALS!

Cheers Kev for the kind words :)

I have to say there is a world of difference in the quality and longevity of the German-made TTE wheels compared to the usual Japanese-made Toyota wheels that corrode within a few years and just handle the UK climate and road treatments.

NIce work, Picasso.

Hey, Kev, looks like you're fading away to nothing with all that cycling. A man of your advanced years really should just use the motor.................

Smart look Kev - that'll be 2 Thunderbirds showing up the neighbours, lol.

Looks great that does. Would the Japanese made OE wheels stand up better to our lousy weather and annual winter pebble dashing season if they were refurbished to the same standard as Kev's German wheels? That's assuming that they are salvageable in the first place as mine are badly in need of some TLC.

Looks great that does. Would the Japanese made OE wheels stand up better to our lousy weather and annual winter pebble dashing season if they were refurbished to the same standard as Kev's German wheels? That's assuming that they are salvageable in the first place as mine are badly in need of some TLC.

I used a special UV Lacquer on Kevs wheels that is impervious to brake dust and grime and is very easy to clean, so the answer is, IMO, yes :thumbsup:

If the wheels are really bad and maybe losing pressure due to corrosion, then the best solution could well be getting them dipped, blasted and power-coated (getting that done to a set of MR2 wheels next week that have no lacquer still attached to the wheel!)