Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help Choosing Guys!

Dazzy

Sorry if this has been covered before but I did check the search but could not find anything to help me.

Want to change out the rubber on the Rav 2004 XT3 but can't decide on what to get. At the mo I might just change out the fronts as they are getting a bit low on tread, about 2mm.

Bridgestone duellers are on there at the moment with a ne Toyo as the spare.

The ones I'm looking at:

Bridgestone duellers

Michelin Latitude tour

Or General Grabbers

Or if there is any other make I should be looking at.

I don't really do any off road as such but you never know. Mainly road.

Your help will be very much appreciated guys

Hi Darren,

For what it is worth, I recently did a lot of research, and had decided to stick to Bridgestone Duellers. However, Michelin Latitude tour came out at a good price, and I have just done my first run of 250km, and the tyres feel good. Certainly quieter than the Bridgestone, and the fitter also said that they would be good on gravel, which I need, but are definitely a more road biased tyre. Black circles have write ups so you can do a comparison.

I've got Michelin Latitude CROSS on my LR and they're great tyres. Slightly more aggressive than TOURS but perfectly suited to the road. I will always stick with the Yokohama Geolandar G91's on the Rav though (Toyota knows best as far as I'm concerned)

Dave

I've been running the Michelins now for over 3 years. I'm not convinced they are really any more fuel efficient than the original tyres but what is startling is the lack of road noise. At the moment I'm estimating that I will get about 40,000 miles out of them. Will I fit them again? Unless there is a major breakthrough by another manufacturer, yes.

PS can't help but agree with Ainsleys strap line :thumbsup:

Wow! Thanks guys you have been extremely helpful.

I'll check out Black circles for comparison.

I think it's down to two now and they being the michelins and duellers.

Hopefully I'll be getting some winter ones when the time comes so more road goin rubber is what I'll get for now.

I've only had the Rav a couple of weeks so am a bit of a noob when it comes to 4x4.

I got about 28K out of Toyos . i have got 32k out of the Michelin Latitude Tour and I reckon there is another 8k to go. I'm used them in snow, ice and mud and would buy again.

Hi all ! I've just fitted Continental cross contact lx2 225,65,r17 102h ( treadwear 680? )

Slightly quieter than the Yokos I replaced

My yoko tyres did 20000 miles thay r going back 4 inspection as thay have all split between the treads not very good on two and a half year old tyres !!!

Wow! Thanks guys you have been extremely helpful.

I'll check out Black circles for comparison.

I think it's down to two now and they being the michelins and duellers.

Hopefully I'll be getting some winter ones when the time comes so more road goin rubber is what I'll get for now.

I've only had the Rav a couple of weeks so am a bit of a noob when it comes to 4x4.

Hi Darren,

the Latitude Tour is an all seasons tyre, i.e. the compound is not as hard/wear resistant as, say, the Toyos but is more flexible in cold weather, though probable not as flexible as winter tyres. I use them all the year round with absolutely no problems with winter traction and still estimate that I'm likely to get the same sort of mileage that Redlew is getting. I know a lot of people on here are now using different tyres in winter and I have considered it but

1) I'd have to store the wheels and tyres,

2) like Ainsley, I'm retired so don't HAVE to go anywhere if I don't fancy it and

3) the four wheel drive system in the RAV combined with traction control is without doubt the best antidote to winter driving I've ever found - and I have tried an awful lot of them since 1974 when I bought my first LR108.

That is all a very personal opinion and other will have the best of reasons for holding other ones - but the RAV with Michelins works for me!

I just looked at a new rav4.4 and that's fitted with Michelin Latitude! Looks like Toyota just fit wot ever make they like as long as they meet the spec . Probly down 2 price and avaiblity remember thay buy million of tyre 4 on every car thay make , wot a lot of tyres lol .

Had me going there, Daz......thought I had logged on to a gay Rav site going by the title of your post......LOL!

Have just put a mix of Michelin Pilots and Michelin Latitudes on wife's 3 door, and if road noise is a priority,these are incredibly quiet. Grip is also as good as the Goodyear Winter Tyres just taken off it. Yokos are also worth looking at.

Big Kev

• Like 1

I just looked at a new rav4.4 and that's fitted with Michelin Latitude! Looks like Toyota just fit wot ever make they like as long as they meet the spec . Probly down 2 price and avaiblity remember thay buy million of tyre 4 on every car thay make , wot a lot of tyres lol .

Any idea which Michelin Latitudes? There are three or four types at least.

I'd like to think more thought than "whatever meets the spec" goes in to it! After all, you can ruin a good car with bad choice of tyres!

Dave

they ruined the RAV long before they got to tyre choice......

I think I'll go with the Michelin latitude tours. Went out and got a depth gauge to check tread myself and the fronts have got just over 3mm, bit different to what a local tyre place said, think they were just after selling me some tyres to be honest.

I'm gonna go with Black Circles tyres and fitting. Very reasonable prices I must say. Plus there is one just down the road that I never new was there.

Once again thanks for the extremely quick and helpful replies.

Had me going there, Daz......thought I had logged on to a !Removed! Rav site going by the title of your post......LOL!

Big Kev

LOL!

I'll keep an eye on my future thread titles. You still popped into the thread though so was that before or after you realised true title meaning ;-).

I think I'll go with the Michelin latitude tours. Went out and got a depth gauge to check tread myself and the fronts have got just over 3mm, bit different to what a local tyre place said, think they were just after selling me some tyres to be honest.

I'm gonna go with Black Circles tyres and fitting. Very reasonable prices I must say. Plus there is one just down the road that I never new was there.

Once again thanks for the extremely quick and helpful replies.

Had me going there, Daz......thought I had logged on to a gay Rav site going by the title of your post......LOL!

Big Kev

LOL!

I'll keep an eye on my future thread titles. You still popped into the thread though so was that before or after you realised true title meaning ;-).

Yes........

Think the ones I looked at was Michelin latitude tours hp on the new rav 4.4 Look a good tyre ! My new Continental cross cont contact lx2 seem a good tyre ( 5 year 65000 mile guarantee in the USA , shame im in the uk ) ! Also if you would of seen my Yokohamas split I'd never buy a set of them !

Daz, before you order through Black Circles, just check with the local fitter - they can/will sometimes undercut the website price if you go direct :thumbsup:

I was lookin a Avon rangers thay don't look like a bad tyre at a good price , ended up with the more expensive continentals tho. ! Also try tyre shopper .com , my tyres .com ,

Think the ones I looked at was Michelin latitude tours hp on the new rav 4.4 Look a good tyre ! My new continental cross cont contact lx2 seem a good tyre ( 5 year 65000 mile guarantee in the USA , shame im in the uk ) ! Also if you would of seen my Yokohamas split I'd never buy a set of them !

Hi Ken,

those are exactly the ones I have. It was a member on here called Robert6920 who put me on to them after he had tried them.

Hi three5

I'm just Curious 2 know wots the treadwear ... Number on them ? Plz you sould have ( treadwear , traction , Temperature , )On the tyre in small Writing. ? " This is just sumting thay do in the USA "

Thanks .

Daz, before you order through Black Circles, just check with the local fitter - they can/will sometimes undercut the website price if you go direct :thumbsup:

Thanks Davrav. Will defo go down there and see what they man can offer me. Thanks fella!

Always interested in saving a few pounds if poss. Like most people

Really. Lovely jubely!