Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climate Control

Easy Cruiser

Hi there. I've been running my cruiser on auto since I bought it in December. It's set for 18 degrees and through the winter the settings have shown screen and feet with outside air. Just lately the temperature has started to rise and the settings have changed. Now the air flow is for recirculating and the fan speed increases to nearly max but aircon does not come on to help cool things down. Does anyone know if this is a fault or just the way it works to keep fuel economy high.

Today, with 11 degrees outside and on auto 18 degree climate control, mine is using external air flow and window/feet output.

I would ask the dealer as it seems to be a strange combination to have - as though it is trying to do maximum defrost. could it be a blocked air/pollen filter?

I went out to the car when it was 17 degrees and it had been sitting in the sun.

Mine did exactly the same as Grahame's car.

Recirculating air, near max fan and no auto aircon. I pressed the aircon button and the car started to cool down but before that the air was warm. I guess it is a bug in the software but one that is easy to override.

• 2 weeks later...

Using the auto function does not automatically turn AC on/off, the AC has to be turned on/off manually. Seems wrong I know but it stops the car using a fuel sapping option unless you choose to use it.