Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry - Toyota Corolla Verso 03 Central Locking Problem/fault

bobbibrowngirlie

Hi peeps

My lovely Corolla Verso 03 has developed a central locking problem. I've had an auto eletrician look at it and he can't seem to get to the bottom of it. The car has started to lock me in and sometimes it tried to lock and unlock for about 10 seconds. I can manually override it by pulling the lock back to get out but I'm worried that I might get stranded somewhere. I've heard it might be an actuator problem or a solanoid as opposed to a fuse problem but could do with some tips identifying what it actually is if someone has experienced it before - and also how you fix it and whether it's costly.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried renewing the Battery in the fob that you carry with you?

If that is going flat the system will think you are going away from the car

Hi, that's a really good idea to be honest. I've tried the spare key which has a fresh Battery in and it didn't appear to do it quite as much but it did occur very occasionally. I might just refresh the Battery in my main key though as a process of elimination. Typically, the damn thing has stopped doing it this weekend whenever anyone else is around to witness it so they all think I'm going mad. :disgust: