Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Wheel Out Of Alignment

Springy

Hi All,

My 07 Avensis D4-D TR drives in a straight line and is not showing abnormal tyre wear, but when driving the steering wheel is angled approximately 20 degrees to the left.

Any ideas?

If it has been like this for a long while without any pulling left or right and drives in a straight line when you have a very loose grip on the steering wheel then the tracking was done incorrectly or the steering shaft to the rack has been disconnected at some time. When the tracking is carried out the steering wheel should be held in it's correct central position. To correct it now the same proceedure must be carried out and both track rod ends need adjusting. The r/h side needs moving out and the l/h side moving in by exactly the same ammount and this will correct the problem. I could do this job without taking the car into a garage but with all due respect you may be wise to take it in and have the tracking done correctly. I have seen this fault so many times in the past by mechanics not following the correct proceedure when tracking a vehicle.

Pete.

Ok Pete, many thanks. I'll get the car booked in.

Neil.

Ok Pete, many thanks. I'll get the car booked in.

Neil.

Cheers Neil,

maybe someone from the Dark Side Of The Moon did your tracking previously :naughty: .

I'm sure you'll understand that one ;) .

Regards Pete.

mines the same after takin it to toyota for steering recall.but they say they didnt touch the steering rack?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links