Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Subwoofer

Aidsy1

Hey guys. Have just got my 08 auris and am wondering if anyone has any ideas on if I could mount my subwoofer in my parcel shelf with a shallow enclosure around it. I used to have it in the boot of my note but it takes up a lot of room so would prefer to mount it in the parcel shelf as people have done before. Any advice on this would be appreciated thanks :)

Hi Aiden

if you intend to do this you would need to buy /make a parcel shelf from mdf,even then if you build an enclosure under it it will be very heavy,so heavy that you boot struts may not hold it up,now you can always leave it down but that restricts access to the boot,not very practial.

if your sub is capable of running free air this would help as no enclosure required but you will loose out on base.

a small box about 12x12x12 in the boot wont take up that much room ,if you angle it to suit the slope of the back seat

and would suit a 10 or 12 inch sub ok and still give you good "thump"

The weight of the whole thing was my concern about this, if I did by putting the whole thing in the parcel shelf I was thinking I could reinforce the struts (not sure how maybe with a screw in pace of the plastic). And I am unsure as to whether my sub would be capable of running free air. How much bass would I lose if i did it this way? I have the Edge 12" 900 watt sub package.

If I put it in my boot as I did with my last car, then I would make quick release connectors so that if needed I can carry around more luggage.

Edit:

Also, I have the 3 dr version. How do you remove the rear Speakers? I cant figure out how :/

I think you should just go for the spare wheel enclosure. That way you can install it inside/under your spare wheel. I have one in my car, the sub is installed under the spare wheel. No problems with luggage or anything else, and it's kicking no problems!

Could you post pics of what it looks like under the spare wheel please.

Actually I even should post a pic, as I use to post pics of my mods on here. But as I haven't had time to snap a picture yet, here's an example photo. Except that I've got uglier space saver steelie rim and it doesn't stick through the carpet... Oh and my enclosure isn't round. But you should get the idea of sub under the wheel!

steve8509.JPG

Hmmmm, i would need to think about doing that. As i said above i have a 12" sub and its pretty deep so not sure if it would even fit underneath. The only other thought i had was build it into the side of the boot. although that would be time consuming, dunno yet to be honest ^^. i have just installed it normally facing the rear seats for the moment as i have exams coming up and need to concentrate on them really.

You should test and see which would be the best option for you when you'll have time. Side of the boot is also an option, there are some Auris people who are using such an install. For example:

396983621.jpg

I installed an under seat sub on mine below the drivers seat. I used to have a 10" focal sub in my previous car in the boot. It's comparable, obviously being smaller the bass isn't as deep however it's fine for my needs!

• Like 1

Ok the pics you requested are ready. You can see them here!

• 1 month later...

I have gone with replacing the spare wheel option (just going to buy a can of tire sealant). its getting done on thursday, will post a pic after it is done.

So have got the Install done. Will be better when i get some carpet on it, and am thinking of having LEDs hooked up to it as well like my other Speakers have at the moment.
post-130876-0-37284200-1370551129_thumb.

post-130876-0-23277600-1370551135_thumb.

post-130876-0-25518300-1370551141_thumb.

And LEDs around speakers:

post-130876-0-92686200-1370551170_thumb.