Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Difference Between Swb And Lwb Tow-Bars?

adolfo1

Hello, everyone in this forum:
nice to meet you all here,I am a newcomer here, recently I have a question to be answered.
could you help me with the question, it has puzzled me for a long time.

what's the differences between SWB and LWB towbars? are there anything in common?

thanks a lot!
yours faithfully!

I'm answering this, only because no-one else has... (The question would be a good opening line for an in-joke, but I won't go down that route.) Welcome, Lee, anyway!

My guess is that they're different simply because the body shells and underbody is different between 3dr and 5dr models, and so there are two separate versions of towbar/mounting hardware.

Chris

I would venture the opposite opinion.

Both the 3 door and the 5 door RAV4.2 have the identical rear chrome bar available for it (as part of the "Chrome Collection" option), and the official detachable Toyota towbar uses the same fittings as the chrome bar (I know the fittngs of chrome step and towbar are same as I ended up with about 20kg of spare very heavy lumps of metal after adding a towbar to a RAV4 fitted with chrome bar)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links