Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Overfenders Body Kit

catboy

I rather like the over fenders body kit but at £485 they are a bit pricy,i wonder if MrT will be reducing the price along with other after market bits as the urban cruiser is discontinued and they wont fit anything else.

It is possible, but don't hold your breath!

Most stock is held in Belguim, not the UK, and the model is still for sale in Europe

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi parts king,i was hoping you would pick this up,as a dealer you are best positioned to know if this will happen or not :fox: may be you could let us know if you get wind of anything.

Will do, like I say though, it is unlikely, stock is very lean these days and is fed into the UK from Belguim every day

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I order the overfenders 2 weeks ago thru my local dealer and they installed it the other day and they make the UC look even more awesome to look at! I liked it a lot! Had to pay a premium but it was worth it.

The Urban Cruiser might be be discontinued in UK but it's apparently selling well in mainland Europe.

Greetings from Scandinavia! :)

Hi, I bet it looks good with the over fenders fitted, its a bit pricey here thats if you can get the parts.I have to wonder why they discontinued it here in the UK when it is selling ok abroad . post some photos if you can it would be good to see how it looks with the over fenders fitted I am sure other cruiser owners would like to see them. Thanks

When we went into the reasoning for Toyota stopping the U/C in the Uk, awhile ago we concluded that it was basically down to poor sales. It never ever caught on in the Uk market, which was a crying shame.The other theory mutted was that the U/C was built on the under-pinnings of the previuos gen Yaris, but this would seem not true as Toyota are still selling the U/C in Europe.HTH

Clare

The Ist/Urban Cruiser is based on the Vitz/Yaris. For example the first generation Ist and the first generation Vitz/Yaris share the same 2370mm wheelbase. The second generation Ist, the Urban Cruiser and the second generation Vitz/Yaris share the same 2460mm wheelbase.

The urban Cruiser is a second generation Ist with different body panels at the front.

The second generation Ist has now been in production since 2006 and, given Toyota's usual product replacement cycle of about 6 years, is due for replacement. See, from a previous topic -

"December 2012: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hybrids seen testing in the snow in the Austrian Tyrol between Innsbruck and Kutai. Appeared to have an electric motor powering

the rear wheels in place of the diff, same as Lexus RX400h and 450h (and Peugeot's Hybrid4 system).Seems these were drivetrains for an entirely new vehicle being tested

under Urban Cruiser bodies."

Poor sales have undoubtedly removed the Urban Cruiser from the UK, and the same is currently happening with the Verso S. Add to this, the current high cost of building models in Japan (where both the Urban Cruiser and the Verso S are built) reduces viability for manufacturers (European sales of Daihatsu and the Honda Accord are examples of this).

Hi to every one, I had a notion that mabe the money exchange rates played a big part in the demise of the urban cruiser.Such a pity, I suppose the looks dont appeal to everyone yet it has a style of its own and is distinctive in its looks, you know its a urban cruiser yards before it passes you on the by most other makes blend into one another and its difficult to tell one manufacturer from the other.

Hi, I bet it looks good with the over fenders fitted, its a bit pricey here thats if you can get the parts.I have to wonder why they discontinued it here in the UK when it is selling ok abroad . post some photos if you can it would be good to see how it looks with the over fenders fitted I am sure other cruiser owners would like to see them. Thanks

Yeah sure! I just got a bit of free time earlier to take photos of the car, but here it goes! :

DSC04821

Hi, thanks for posting pics, looks like I will hsve to save some cash