Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Verso Diesel Fault Code Dtc 34(2)

phil lincoln

hello,

I wonder if anyone could help me - i have an avensis Verso Diesel 2002 with 170,000 miles on the clock - within the past year I have experienced the engine going into limp mode with the orange engine light coming on on the dash board - this happens when the the car is pushed through the gears and seems to be occuring more often recently.

When the car ignition is turned off and turned back on again it is OK - I took the car into the local Toyota dealer in Taunton and they put it on their computer diagnostic equipment and it came up with the fault code: DTC 34(2) - They were not much help in suggesting what the problem was and I wonder if others have experienced similar problems.

I want to give the car to a local mechanic and would appreciate any advice people could give me on the best things to check.

The car does seem a bit hesitant when pushed through the gears but other than that runs very well.

The car does not use any oil and I have been changing the oil filter and oil every 10,000 miles.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me please.

Phil Lincoln