Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1999 Yaris Gs Tronic 1.0 V Reg 3 Door.

Mattb1985

I have Yaris GS Tronic 1.0 V reg 3 door from 1999 and no mods, i am the 3rd owner.

I do understand that the car is 14 years old but there are a couple of things niggling me about it.

In the drivers footwell there is a damp patch, generally where my left foot goes, its not wet just damp and doesnt smell, i have checked my feet before i get in and the damp patch is there even if my shoes are dry.

Also in the in the footwells behind the driver and passenger seats, the floor is wet, again it doesnt smell.

I have no idea what is going on.

Any help will be appreicated

Mattb

Could be your heater matrix has sprung a leak - how is your coolant level, and does your vents blow plenty of hot air when set to hot?

Do you have a sunroof? Check the drain holes in each corner are clear - you can see these from outside when it is slid right back.

I've fed net curtain wire down these before to clear any blockages.

Thanks for getting back to me.

The coolant level hasnt dropped and the air vents do blow plenty of hot air. This car doesnt have a sun roof.

I do not understand where the water could be coming from

I have Yaris GS Tronic 1.0 V reg 3 door from 1999 and no mods, i am the 3rd owner.

I do understand that the car is 14 years old but there are a couple of things niggling me about it.

In the drivers footwell there is a damp patch, generally where my left foot goes, its not wet just damp and doesnt smell, i have checked my feet before i get in and the damp patch is there even if my shoes are dry.

Also in the in the footwells behind the driver and passenger seats, the floor is wet, again it doesnt smell.

I have no idea what is going on.

Any help will be appreicated

Mattb

Look underneath the heater, passenger side, you should see a small rubber drain tube from the heater which goes through the bulkhead. Check it is not dislodged or split. Remove the door cards and check that the plastic liner is sealed in place all round. If not water will run down the inside of the door and over the lip of the sill. Check the boot floor and under the rear seat, water can get into the boot and run down. It is a process of elimination, post your findings and we can go from there.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for all the tips.

I checked the rubber heater drain and it was connected to the bulkhead.

Previous to this we pluged all leaks in the boot area however after research we have found where water does get in. Water can get behind the rear light fittings and in to the boot area - mant people have reccomended using silcone to fix the issue. apparently on the old models this was a big issue.

Anyway i pulled up the carpet in driver footwell and i beleve the damp patch is caused by my foot resting on the sponge underneath the carpet which was soaking wet, i believe this to be from the valeting that took place before i bought the car.

Still not looked at rear passenger floor but im going to try and dry it out and see if this occurs again next winter, i do not believe there are any leaks

thanks

Matt