Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Unit Removal

pedro9474

Hi Folks,

What is the best way to remove the headunit in the auris without damaging anything,The problem i had was one of the Speakers in the rear wasn't working so i thought it was possibly a damaged speaker so i purchased new ones but when i tried the wires from the car to my new speaker and it still doesn't work so i just wanted to check the rear wires on the headunit to make sure they are secure.

Pedro

Hi Pedro,

My advice would be to go the Toyota techdoc site - hope the link is allowed, otherwise go from Toyota homepage and then 'Owners' and then 'Vehicle Information' then Service Manuals. Some are free, some you have to pay for.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/?1=2&id=http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/&catname=&zone=-1&menuid=12811&sr=Mall&wtValue=accnav51

If you look under owner, installation manuals, sat nav you should find instructions for installing the TNS510 Sat Nav which shows how to remove the head unit.

Personally I would look for another connector which may have come loose before taking out the head unit. As the wires into the head unit are in a large multi plug I would not have expected one speaker to work loose, you would have more of a problem. It is not impossible though and may just be a high resistance connection. I just think it worth isolating the other options first.

Best of luck, will be interested to know how you go on.

Peter

Thanks for the replies guys hopefully i will get this all sorted out soon.

Pedro

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links