Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo 3Dr Roof Bars.......again!

philoaks

HI All,

Can't find an answer to this question so I thought I'd sign up and ask the experts.

I've recently bought a 58 plate 3 door Aygo. I'd like to put roof bars on it but the Toyota OE ones are an eyewatering price.

The Peugeot 107 ones are considerably cheaper and having searched this forum there seems to be a difference of opinion as to whether you can use the Peugeot ones on an Aygo. Has anyone actually done it? Would be grateful to hear from anyone who has done it or has tried and failed.

Many thanks,

Phil

A previous poster bought some Peugeot bars for his Aygo (don't know whether he has a 3 dr or 5 dr though) - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/145420-roof-bars/?hl=%2Broof+%2Bbars

From another earlier post, roof bars for the 5 door won't fit the 3 door.

A previous poster bought some Peugeot bars for his Aygo (don't know whether he has a 3 dr or 5 dr though) - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/145420-roof-bars/?hl=%2Broof+%2Bbars

From another earlier post, roof bars for the 5 door won't fit the 3 door.

Hi Mike, thanks for that. I had found the early post by moneysavingexpert and was hoping that he might still be around to clarify the situation but it doesn't look like he's posted since. I also found a posting by someone saying they won't fit so conflicting stories all around :ermm: Hopefully someone will know the definitive answer! Cheers, Phil

You could e-mail City Bug who are advertising genuine manufacturers roof bars for the C1/107/Aygo 3 door, and also Mont Blanc roof bars for the 3 door - http://www.c1store.co.uk/store/index.php?cPath=194&sort=2a&page=2 - and ask

Brilliant, thanks Mike. That's much more affordable. I think I'll try ordering the cheaper ones and see how they go. I'll post the results once I've got them. Thanks again for your help. Cheers, Phil

Phil,

We are just changing our Aygo for a Yaris, which means I have a set of Aygo 3 door bars which we don't need. Let me know if they are of interest to you.

John

Phil,

We are just changing our Aygo for a Yaris, which means I have a set of Aygo 3 door bars which we don't need. Let me know if they are of interest to you.

John

B****r!!! Sorry John but I ordered some from City Bug this morning, otherwise I would have been very interested. Hopefully someone else in need might see this thread. Failing that try eBay as there aren't any there at the moment, not at a sensible price anyway. Cheers, Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Phil,

John

Hi John,

I've sent you a message.

Phil

• 1 month later...

Hi, as promised I'm finally reporting back on what turned out to be a bit of a saga. I ordered the Peugeot/Citroen bars from City Bug Store but unfortunately couldn't get them to fit properly on my Aygo. The front bar fitted fine but the rear bar has to clip into the small gap between the top of the rear windows and the body work. The fit was such (on my Aygo at least) that it looked to be putting pressure on the glass. City Bug store arranged for another set to be sent out but although these were a slightly better fit there still looked to be pressure on the glass, which I wasn't happy with.

The bars were returned and I have now got a set of genuine Toyota bars designed for a 3 door car. Both the mounting points are within the door aperture and extension rails just sit on the rear part of the roof. It sounds a bit half baked but they are absolutely solid.

Moral is that if you have a 3 door Aygo then the genuine Toyota bars will probably be the best route to go. Thanks to all for your help.

• 3 years later...

Mines a 5dr not a 3dr, but;

Used some old bars I got in the back of the garage all last year... They were off of a Nissan Micra, cost me a fiver off of fleabay. Ok so the rubber feet weren't a precise match for the roof contours, but hell they're rubber feet and grip/conform as required!!!

;o)

(in fact, I used them on my 106 before the Aygo, so I guess I may have had my moneysworth out of them!!! :-D )

Don't know whether the roof bars for the first generation (2005-2014) will fit the second generation (2014 on).

• 5 months later...

Hi all, 

I recently bought roof bars for my Toyota Aygo (2005-2014 model) and would highly recommend them (although they are pricey"). My local dealership ordered them for me. 

After having my trusted Aygo for 6 years, I've succumbed to  upgrading to the Yaris, so these roof bars are now for sale, for anyone that may be interested.

Thought I'd share, as the cost of buying them new (£185) was a litter eye-watering! 

Cheers, 

Matt

13 hours ago, MatthewPatrick said:

Thought I'd share, as the cost of buying them new (£185) was a litter eye-watering! 

If you wish to sell the roof bars, please post in the For Sale section with an indicative price - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/23-for-sale/

19 hours ago, MatthewPatrick said:

bought roof bars for my Toyota Aygo (2005-2014 model) and would highly After having my trusted Aygo for 6 years, I've succumbed to the Yaris, so these roof bars are now for sale, for anyone that may be interested

Two important bits of info?

3Dr/5Dr and how much do you want?

Hi Plob,

I've relisted on the selling part of the forum; fits 3-door model, listed on eBay at £120 (but open to sensible offers).