Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 T180

Sky711

Hi!

I am considering to buy a Rav4 T180 but read there's few problem with the engine? Few people said they have to change a new engine. Do I have to worry about it? Is there anything to look out for?

Thanks

I haven't got one but they are great cars and I would love one, but as well as the engine problem there is also the issue of the run flats and the flywheel

. Even so if you find a good example at a low price it would be a tempting proposition - but risky IMO.

David

All 2nd hand cars will have issues,if your worried about the engine buy one thats had the engine replaced.
The run flats aern't a big deal to change when it comes to needing new tyres.
I've just bought one on 63k..its overall appearance showed it had been well cared for, and it drives like new.
The MPG isnt great though..Anywhere from 26-40mpg.(loads of threads on this)
On the plus side the T180 is the top specced Rav4 and a joy to drive.
As said, its a gamble.

As far as I'm aware the flywheels are very reliable with no reported failures..

The engines are a recognised problem so unless any car you are looking at has bad a Toyota replacement unit there is a significant risk .

All cars with the 2 AD engine are st risk up to about 2009 So the T180 is not alone in the risk stakes.. That said they do seem go be just that bit riskier !!

To be honest any early Rav4 unless its has had it's engine done is a gamble.. Diesels that is ...

Thanks all! Well I like the T180 because is very well spec car! I think I'm willing to take the risk. Just have to look for 1 been care for I guess!

Out of interest what's owners average MPG in a T180 and what's sort of range do you get to a tank of fuel and how much to fill up?

Out of interest what's owners average MPG in a T180 and what's sort of range do you get to a tank of fuel and how much to fill up?

Wrists.....scalpel......goodbye cruel world.....

• Like 1

If you want a RAV4 but also want good fuel economy you need to avoid the following I reckon .....

1) T180

2) SR Auto

3) RAV4.2 Petrol (just thought I would throw that one in for nostalgia)

• Like 1

.....and SR180 OF COURSE......

I strongly recommend a full independent inspection before you buy!!

Im selling my T180. 06 plate with NO ISSUES at all. Run flats disabled, engine had the modifications done by Toyota about 5 years ago and the car has ran with NO problems in the three years I have owned it. Im in Northumberland though which is probs a million miles from you

Hi Wardude,

Yeah is a bit too far for me! Over 5hrs away!

Jump on the train and ill pick you up :flowers:

.....and if you don't like his car when you get there, just bear in mind he has two (2) Rottweillers......

• Like 1

LOL Kev

im selling as i just want a change. Cant help it but thats how i am with cars

.....so just you do that auld yin........you are dead for more than a fortnight y'know.........

Hi Wardude,

Yeah is a bit too far for me! Over 5hrs away!

For the right car 5 hours is naff all.... I have travelled the whole of the UK to get the right car and sometimes at the right price.. I went from near Edinburgh to south Wales to buy my Jag and saved a heap of cash to boot !

070.jpg

• Like 2

PLUS its only one 5hr drive cos you can fly up or take the train. At least you know my car is sound as a pound cos I have been on this forum since i got it :flowers: AND you get a brand new genuine Toyota interior for free (probs worth around £3k) after a rouge mouse nibbled on ma seat.

Never seen a red mouse.....was it French.......?

Yes it was French cos only a french mouse would break into my car, nibble a seat and then come back the next night.....ONLY to be caught in ma trap mwahahaaaaaa

If you want a RAV4 but also want good fuel economy you need to avoid the following I reckon .....

1) T180

2) SR Auto

3) RAV4.2 Petrol (just thought I would throw that one in for nostalgia)

Doesn't leave many options does it !

All this talk of crap economy "With respect" is getting on my diddys...

What do we expect from a large estate car with high equipment levels ? !!

Take a look at the opposition cars from Ford or Honda ? There is little if anything in the figure and in many cases the Rav is best !

The SRs are a wee bit greedy or so Im told because they are automatics. (Late cars that is) and The T180 is or should I onec more point out because it has for a mid size 4WD high power..

If owning an Auto hurts the pocket buy a manual ! If the T180 or any of the others is to greedy buy a smaller car.. Job done.

Come on guys with carefull and I dont mean driving like miss daisy driving all the diesel Rav4s can turn in very good and competitive MPG figures..............

• Like 2

Mines never gets less than 35mpg and normal running returns around 40mpg b2b (summer) mixed driving . So not thirsty at all . And the OBC under estimates mpg and has done so from owning it for nearly 5 years .

FFS I only get 42 out of a 1.33 Yaris CVT, what do you expect from a lump of a 4x4?

Where did i put my pills............... :doctor:

• Like 1