Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still Grille Blocking?

timberwolf

Was it last weekend that we had the clear frosty nights? I was really surprised to have to scrape ice off my windows in April.

I've still got the grille blocking in place, I'm wondering how much longer I can keep them installed.

I was reading one post where the writer was still grille blocking in temperatures above 20C. I tried it and it doesnt seem to present any problems. I still havent taken off my grille blocking ... more by laziness than design though.

I'm still doing short journeys so I'll go a little bit longer, probably until 10 degrees C is common at night. Probably take one tube off first then the second when it really gets 'normally hotter'.

I need not have worried, the car has been frost free all week, but on the weekend on both days it was covered in frost. I even had the 3 degree ice warning come up on the MFD.

I've never really bothered much with blocking, the last time I tried it, one of the pieces of foam kept working loose, so I removed both of them when I got sick of pushing it back in. This year they seem to have stayed in place, but I didn't install them until late, so I can't say I've noticed much difference on my short journeys.