Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Refurbishing Alloys

cumbrialass

I just thought I'd say that if anyone has been considering having their alloys refurbished i'd definitely recommend it.Up untill last October i was having to pump up my tyres avery few weeks . the pressure was going down to 17 very quickly. The local tyre guy said it was because of corrosion causing a poor seal. Well I had the alloys done, dipped in acid, powder blasted and sprayed in chrome. They look good and have remained looking good despite driving through winter roads. But best of all the tyre pressure doesn't go down. I've done a few 1000 miles since then and though I still check the tyres they have have only needed to be topped up slightly. Well worth the £65 a wheel. :)

• Like 1

I too am having problems on my 53 reg RAV, the tyres are losing air on three out of four wheels every week.

Where did you get your wheels done, and how long was it off the road ?

Phil

I too am having problems on my 53 reg RAV, the tyres are losing air on three out of four wheels every week.

Where did you get your wheels done, and how long was it off the road ?

Phil

.....or buy anurra set of wheels, Phil.....sometimes when they get to the extent of air leaks, it is end of life time.....zillions on eBay.

Phil. It is worth getting done and cheaper than new ones [according to my local Toyota garage1] The wheel were off on Monday and back on by Thursday. [ Tuesday they were acid dipped, Wed they were powder sprayed etc.] Depending on who does them, some places offer a courtesy car.

Kevin , my wheels were really corroded on the inside, but they came back as new. But it is important you go to someone who doesn't just do a quick facelift

Ultimate alloys did mine, covers Central and South Lakes

• Like 1

Recently had to order up a second hand set of 4 for my excellent physio, Kath. Hoovie had had a go, but you are right......the acid dip is the big part, but she couldn't be without her car. Worked out almost same price for a stonking set of second handeez too.

Not so bad if you can get decent 2nd hands. Still, I'm very pleased with the job.

Mine's been to the tyre fitters today, the plan was to have the three leaky ones removed and clean the rims then put them back on.

That was the plan..........

What actually happened was the rims were cleaned up to remove any rim corrosion and four brand new Duellers were fitted. They assured me all will be well with the new tyres. The old tyres even though they had some tread left were cracking apparently.

I am keeping my fingers crossed I don't find four flat tyres when I go out in the morning !!!!

Phil

Well its been a week and they all still have 2 bar in them.

Looks like job sorted.

Phil

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links