Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How/which Bulbs To Change? Xenon + Fog

Luke667

Just bought a 2009 Toyota IQ2 which is fully loaded including Xenon/HID headlights from toyota.

The colour is a little too warm yellow, and therefore would like to change the bulb to a more neutral/white light.

Same goes for the foglights.

What HID bulb fitment would I need for the headlights, and I'm guessing led for the fog lights?

Thanks

Wasn't aware that Toyota were fitting HID lighting as legally it requires auto leveling lights and a washing method

Anyway, 6000k is a nice bright blueish white light

David

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

Does the look of the Fog Lights when illuminated really matter, if they are being used only in Fog as the Highway Code requires?

Do they do the job required of them when on in Fog?

george

Have to agree, personally I find front fog lights a waste of space and I never use them. I really don't think they help in fog, dipped lights work better for me. It would be nice if there was a way in the software or a simple wiring change to make them into spot lights that only come on with main beam head lights. Be more useful to me that way.

Craig.

Dipped lights are what should be used in Fog, along with Fog lights if fitted and there is reduced visibility,

not the commonly held belief now that sidelights & Fog lights are fine.

If the Fogs on with the Dipped Headlights does not light the road up for the driver, they may at least help other road users see the vehicle from the front and are hardly liable to cause a problem to them, when they have the correct bulbs and it is in reduced visibility.

http://www.swiftcover.com/about/press/fog-lights

george