Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Towbar Wiring Kit Issue

Spreo Superbus

I've just fitted a Toyota 12N socket and wiring kit to the towbar of my 2005 Rav4. Everything OK except that I can't figure out how to fit the audible tell tale device for the trailer indicators. The instructions point vaguely to a position around the ignition switch.

The tell tale device has a plug and a socket. I'm meant to unplug something under the instrument panel and plug it into the tell tale device. I then put the other connector on the tell tale device into the empty connector under the instrument panel. But I can't see what to unplug. Do I have to remove some trim etc?

Hi, I don't know anything about DIY tow bar electrics but my audible sound comes from the back of my Rav somewhere. Are you sure that is says ignition switch ? Could you phone the manufacture and ask the question ?

Hi Guys,

I've just, out of curiosity, looked at the instructions that Don posted. Near the end of the installation process it says put the fuse in the Red/Blue wire from the Battery. I don't know if the kit has changed since I fitted mine, but I had to put the fuse in the Red wire to make the towbar electrics work properly. I fitted mine 5 years ago so it might have changed but if it won't work with the fuse in Red/Blue, try it in the Red wire. Using the Toyota kit is without doubt the best way to wire the towbar though. HTH.

Thanks for the help and advice. I've now sorted it and everything is working fine. :fireman: