Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1981 Toyota Hilux

nomadsoul

Hi , i have a 1981 Single cab Toyota Hilux and im restoring it to take it back on the road. It has nothing wrong with it only some small bits here and there due to it being garaged for over 2 years or so. It belonged to my father and it never gave him any trouble what so ever and me being an offroad fanatic and ofcourse i love massive trucks i figured i would just restore it a bit and make it roadworthy. Now one of the main ''problems'' which is not really a problem but i would like to get an second opinion from people who own a Hilux, is, im trying to see if there was a Power steering from another model which would fit my 1981 Hilux. Most probably there wont be one which just fits right away but if it fits with some little modification (such as welding a bracket or something which doesnt require a lot of money) im willing to do it. Since the truck itself weighs a bit and im going to be adding more weight to it ( bullbar , rear and side pipes ( rear bumper and side ''skirts'' ) its quite hard as it is to move the steering from a stand still and so a power steering would greatly help. What do you guys think? any Ideas, suggestion or anything.

Thank you for your time : )

Hi , i have a 1981 Single cab Toyota Hilux and im restoring it to take it back on the road. It has nothing wrong with it only some small bits here and there due to it being garaged for over 2 years or so. It belonged to my father and it never gave him any trouble what so ever and me being an offroad fanatic and ofcourse i love massive trucks i figured i would just restore it a bit and make it roadworthy. Now one of the main ''problems'' which is not really a problem but i would like to get an second opinion from people who own a Hilux, is, im trying to see if there was a Power steering from another model which would fit my 1981 Hilux. Most probably there wont be one which just fits right away but if it fits with some little modification (such as welding a bracket or something which doesnt require a lot of money) im willing to do it. Since the truck itself weighs a bit and im going to be adding more weight to it ( bullbar , rear and side pipes ( rear bumper and side ''skirts'' ) its quite hard as it is to move the steering from a stand still and so a power steering would greatly help. What do you guys think? any Ideas, suggestion or anything.

Thank you for your time : )

Hi, I thought they all came with PAS but I see yours is a 2.2 petrol yeah ?

Plenty info here

http://www.hpoc.co.uk/index.php

What does PAS mean please , im not really into a lot of technical words , and yes the Engine is a 2.2 but Diesel not petrol.

What does PAS mean please , im not really into a lot of technical words , and yes the Engine is a 2.2 but Diesel not petrol.

Power Assisted Steering and I didn`t realise the early Hilux also came with a 62 bhp diesel in some markets Emanuel but ask your question again on the Hilux forum http://www.hpoc.co.uk/index.php, everything is possible but some things are harder than others.

I`d guess you`d need another steering rack at the very least.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links