Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking

rickyr

Hello everyone,

Mr. T told me last week that they can install to my Avensis T180 parking sensors and they will be connected to my TNS700 B9010 system

Anyone else had this installed ?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Ricky

Can't help with your question as such but I've fitted the el-cheapo eBay sensors to my car, the ones which beep, and they work impecably. I think they were twelve or fourteen quid delivered. They come in a choice of colours so you pick one which matches closely so no need to paint, and they come with a drill bit etc. If it interests you I'll post a link.

Can't help with your question as such but I've fitted the el-cheapo ebay sensors to my car, the ones which beep, and they work impecably. I think they were twelve or fourteen quid delivered. They come in a choice of colours so you pick one which matches closely so no need to paint, and they come with a drill bit etc. If it interests you I'll post a link.

Thanks for this.

I've seen them on eBay but not sure which one would fit my nav system as i don't really fancy having extra devices on my dash

I`ve got factory fitted Toyota sensors on my T180, work great and wouldnt be without them

I`ve got factory fitted Toyota sensors on my T180, work great and wouldnt be without them

Are they working trough your Nav system ?

I had Toyota (dealer fitted) rear sensors on mine.

They did not connect to the TNS700 but simply had a beeper in the rear.

The factory sensors my previous Avensis had worked exactly the same as the cheap ones I've fitted. Nothing to fit to the dash, just a beeper to put behind the boot lining.

Thanks guys

So in conclusion i should go for the cheap ones and install them myself saving about £300 :donatello:

Thanks guys

So in conclusion i should go for the cheap ones and install them myself saving about £300 :donatello:

Yep, thats what I did. Here's a link to the ones I got. I think they were a full one quid cheaper tho.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reversing-Parking-Sensor-4-Sensors-Audio-Buzzer-Alarm-/330340144598?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4ce9ce95d6

Thanks guys

Yep, thats what I did. Here's a link to the ones I got. I think they were a full one quid cheaper tho.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reversing-Parking-Sensor-4-Sensors-Audio-Buzzer-Alarm-/330340144598?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item4ce9ce95d6

Thanks Alan333

Try this site for the official installation instructions for the Toyota kit. It told me how to remove the bumper, gave me printable templates for the position of the sensors, and where to pick up the relevant wires. The cheap sensors must be deeper than the Toyota ones so make sure you position them clear of the strengthening bar behind the bumper as necessary. The two centre ones on mine had to be fitted about half an inch lower down than the instructions suggested. The whole job took a couple of hours.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/

install them myself saving about £300 :donatello:

We can split the £300 if you want. Say £200 for me and you still save a ton for a couple of hours work. ;)

Just for the record, anyone fitting parking sensors to a Toyota in Decuma grey the Iron grey from the selection offered is an exact match and yes Alan333 I agree they work perfectly :-).

Pete.

Just for the record, anyone fitting parking sensors to a Toyota in Decuma grey the Iron grey from the selection offered is an exact match and yes Alan333 I agree they work perfectly :-).

Pete.

Pete, my Avensis is Venetian grey

What color should I go ?

Also,

If I install them, would that ruin my warranty ?

install them myself saving about £300 :donatello:

We can split the £300 if you want. Say £200 for me and you still save a ton for a couple of hours work. ;)

You know that mr T quote me £175 just for the sensors, and the rest would be for labour

how about a "reversing mirror" saves all the messing about removing the bumper and risking the paint cracking.

coop

Pete.

Pete, my Avensis is Venetian grey

What color should I go ?

Also,

If I install them, would that ruin my warranty ?

Venetian Silver code 1F8 is your car so the plain silver looks the nearest ..... but always ask the seller first!

Pete.

how about a "reversing mirror" saves all the messing about removing the bumper and risking the paint cracking.

coop

Reversing mirror's fine when i drive, but i need them sensors when my wife drives my car :driving:

;)

You know that mr T quote me £175 just for the sensors, and the rest would be for labour

No they're not!

The sensors are 54.24 retail plus VAT and the main kit is 81.91 plus VAT, £138 in total!! Painted the correct colour too

Kingo :thumbsup:

;)

No they're not!

The sensors are 54.24 retail plus VAT and the main kit is 81.91 plus VAT, £138 in total!! Painted the correct colour too

Kingo, you have better prices than my local T dealer, but its still overpriced when you want them installed by a dealer

How much do you charge for supplied and installed ?

About £235 in total

About £235 in total

Thanks, i will keep this as an option if i decide to do this with professionals

Ricky :driving: