Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Newbie) Avensis 2.2D Tourer T4 Advice

The hen

Hi lads, a newbie here from sligo ireland. I have left a deposit on a 2010 avensis 2.2 diesel tourer t4 and meant to collect it on Friday. Just looking for any info on these models. Have they any common known faults or issues. Have a second child due in 4 weeks so went for my first estate. Have to say I was very impressed with the car when viewed it as seems to be fully loaded being t4 model. Only downside is it has 89000 miles but as the wife will mainly drive it it won't get much use yearly. Cheers.

afaik there aren't really any major issues. It should be outwith the head gasket issue that earlier diesels can develop.

Do you know when it was registered (as it was ~June 2010 that Toyota UK switched from a 3 year to 5 year warranty)?

Toyota's warranty is only 3 years in the Republic of Ireland, which is odd.

Whilst on the topic of diesels, I'm thinking about changing my 2007 petrol Avensis to a 2012 diesel with 10k on the clock. What concerns me is the life expectancy of the DPF. My neighbour had to fork out £900 of his hard earned when his Volvo diesel pride and joy (which he bought in good faith at 30k and boasted about the fantastic fuel economy) was left in for its 60k service only to be told that the DPF had to be replaced. And just 3 months later his dual mass flywheel clutch failed and that cost £1,200! I reckon all he fuel economy he enjoyed has been wiped out.

I took a test drive in a 2litre TR last week and the salesman was quick to point out the 60+ mpg and the £35 road tax with the new low emissions. I'm in two minds but low mileage petrol versions are scarce on dealer forecourts these days. I don't want t go private sale as I'm always suspicious about how a car (especially a diesel) has been driven - it makes me weep to see drivers every day riding the clutch (DMFs!).