Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Sensor Problem

sooty11

Hi I've got a 2007 Auris. After just 20 miles the ABS warning light came on. Anyone else had this problem? Apparantly it's a wheel bearing problem and the garage can't get the spares until next week. Anyone else have problems with getting spares for their Toyota?

• 1 year later...

I have a 2007 auris mmt . The ABS unit failed and the car is out of use . I am looking for a second hand unit ...... If any one can help me ......

Yeah wheel bearing arent that expensive but it does trigger the ABS. If the ABS is on, it means someone has fiddled with the wheel bearing already as when they hammer the bearing it hits the ABS sensor so might wanna check it out...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2007 auris mmt . The ABS unit failed and the car is out of use . I am looking for a second hand unit ...... If any one can help me ......

Why is it out of use? I thought a car could still be diven even if the ABS unit was not operational?

No no, you dont need the ABS changed! Its just a light which comes up when the bearing is being changed/needs to be changed. On a Reno we had we changed bearings and ABS light came on, for 3 years the light was on at 120k miles and nothing happened. It was just because when we changed the bearings it appeared but took no note of it.

For parts you should of gone Euro car parts, most likely they would of had the parts there and then.

Aviatoras mentioned an ABS unit not an ABS sensor or bearing it would appear the ABS brake actuator may be their issue but with out confirmation we do not know, the car would fail a UK MOT now as the ABS light is on which is an immediate failure, not sure where Aviatoras is but it is likely that this is why their car is off he road.

• Like 1

My friends my car was ok one moment .i stopt the car , went to start and the next it wasn't. The instruments panel became a Christmas tree with all sort of warnings and hazard lights on ! At that moment the abs was active even with out the engine ON ! And with the engine on , The ABS would lock all four wheels . Disconnecting the ABS unit you lose your power steering , idel rpm , and the MMT stays in FRIST GEAR ONLY !!!!!!!.

My friends my car was ok one moment .i stopt the car , went to start and the next it wasn't. The instruments panel became a Christmas tree with all sort of warnings and hazard lights on ! At that moment the abs was active even with out the engine ON ! And with the engine on , The ABS would lock all four wheels . Disconnecting the ABS unit you lose your power steering , idel rpm , and the MMT stays in FRIST GEAR ONLY !!!!!!!.

Maybe toyota should have stuck to mechanical/hydraulic power steering instead of the crappy electrical version.

Yeah wheel bearing arent that expensive but it does trigger the ABS. If the ABS is on, it means someone has fiddled with the wheel bearing already as when they hammer the bearing it hits the ABS sensor so might wanna check it out...

Aviatoras mentioned an ABS unit not an ABS sensor or bearing it would appear the ABS brake actuator may be their issue but with out confirmation we do not know, the car would fail a UK MOT now as the ABS light is on which is an immediate failure, not sure where Aviatoras is but it is likely that this is why their car is off he road.

Omar, Lee

Having read this topic a few times, I think Omar is on the right track regarding the original poster. The whole wheel bearing/ABS hub has to be replaced, if the sensor has checked. The system can be checked via the OBD socket using diagnostics. Codes should be generated. Omar was referring to the original poster and not the second poster. What Omar should have done, is use the 'quote' function to stop any confusion.

Because of that, I and probably Lee (and maybe others), thought Omar was responding to the second poster. I re-read the topic and realised what happened.

I had to respond because it was nagging me!

PS: Having ABS, steering, idle and MMT gearbox all tied in, does not inspire me with confidence. When something goes wrong your are stranded!