Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint Flaking

wah07

Hi guys,

I have just noticed today that there is paint flaking on the rear driver's side door. It is on the black part at the top of the door (pic included).

When I looked closely there was a tiny rust spot in the middle of the flaking paint. How can I fix this to avoid further damage? Is this rust forming under the paint? Is this black metal trim apart of the door or can it be replaced?

Many Thanks

post-103556-0-03847500-1367477104_thumb.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I had the same problem but to a very different scale on the front bumper, and Mr T resprayed my bumper (free of charge under my extended warranty)

Is this on an Avensis or an Auris? Your profile states you have an Auris but this topic is posted in the Avensis club.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Rickyr, that's good that they fixed it, unfortunately my car is not under warranty but hopefully it should be ok as it is not a major problem.

FROSTYBALLS, it's an avensis, i had an auris before but forgot to change it on my profile.

Exvec, thanks for that i'll check it out.

Thanks pps

If there are no signs of damage e.g. chips or scratches and the painted surface is blistering through with corrosion from underneath the paint and your car is less 12 years old go see your dealer as it should be repaired under warranty as the Avensis has a 12 year anti perforation warranty.