Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris Vs Nissan Micra: Choose Yaris

MrsSBr

I've always driven a Yaris and we recently thought we'd try a Nissan Micra so bought one from Nissan's official dealership (Bishops of Guildford, Surrey). No checks had been done prior to it being put up for sale, the wrong mileage was recorded on the paperwork, the tyre tread was low (despite being told by the sales team that it would be a minimum 3mm, it received an advisory rating in an MOT 4 months and 4000 miles later) and when there was a problem with the air conditioning, they tried to charge us to investigate it despite the car being under its 1 year warranty! Wrote to head office but got nothing more than a standard apology. I think next time we'll stick to Toyota Yaris!!

Definitely! I have driven a Nissan Micra 1.2 Urbis for the last five years, bought it when 2 years old and it was the worst car I have ever owned. Cost me a fortune in repairs, (problems began just as the three year warranty expired) and amongst many things THREE wiper linkages in four years. So fed up ended up buying reinforced bars from the internet for £29 and doing it myself, saving yet another charge of £175+ VAT (they wont sell you the bars separately, only the whole thing minus motor). As a lady pensioner quite pleased I managed to do it, but was determined that they had seen the last of my money. So I recently swapped it for a Toyota Yaris Verso, it is five years older than the Micra and it is a million times better. Time will tell on servicing costs but so far I am delighted in the difference in smoothness and performance (a 1.3 engine, a similar size to the micra) not to mention the versatility

with the seating. Plus I am really not missing all the odd noises that used to crop up in the old car and with hindsight wonder why I didn't change it before!

The Nissan Micra has been going downhill for a while now. The K11s were rather good, later versions especially (at one stage one of the most reliable cars on the road - til they discovered Yarises!) but the K12s have been developing numerous problems according to Honest John. One common trouble spot being the ABS module which is very expensive to replace so almost certainly making the cars economic write-offs, Honest John says 'AVOID BUYING THE MODEL'. The new K13 is built in India and the verdict on it is that it's lagging behind its rivals. Oh dear.

So the car was sold with a minimum 3mm on the tyres and 4000 miles later they were an advisory on an MOT. Sounds perfectly normal to me that they'd gone down to borderline legal limit in that time. Other than that, a paperwork error and air con (which may not be covered under the warranty terms). It's hardly cause to dismiss a whole brand. Your beef is with the dealer by the sounds of it, not Nissan at large.

• 1 month later...

So the car was sold with a minimum 3mm on the tyres and 4000 miles later they were an advisory on an MOT. Sounds perfectly normal to me that they'd gone down to borderline legal limit in that time. Other than that, a paperwork error and air con (which may not be covered under the warranty terms). It's hardly cause to dismiss a whole brand. Your beef is with the dealer by the sounds of it, not Nissan at large.

Agree!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links