Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Over Heating

taxi

on my 2.2 spirit it loses a lot of water . its not going in the oil , there is a blockage somewhere , the big pipe going in to the block is solid when running, the car over heats when going UP hill and then cools down going down is there a way of flushing it out

what happends if u top the coolent up with the engine running or when u try to bleed it with the engine running.

sounds very much like what my car did if its throwing the coolent back out its a trip to toyota for a new engine if u can get one.

i,l try it later, how do you bleed the coolent ?

bought the car at christmas, dont know the history, done 10,000 since its got 94,000 now . my last one bought for new sold at 247,000 . local toyota would not repair a slave cylinder at 62,000, so a new engine on this one not likley

Overheating due to head gasket failure or excessive oil consumption are known issues with the 2.0/2.2 d4d engines for which Toyota have an extended warranty of 7years/111946k, look through this forum and you will see plenty of people getting recon engines, If it is overheating get it into your dealer ASAP

I,L CHECK WITH THE DEALER