Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vsc And Parking Brake Warning On Dash 2.0 D-4D

taximeister

Can someone please advise me on this one. The above warnings came on dash. The car runs perfectly the park brake works. The only sign of a problem is a rocking of engine when it is switched off (as if pressure is not released). A local garage checked faults and came up with an EGR problem. Main dealer came up with throttle body replacement and decoke (£500) and handbrake actuator (£1500). They also said this was not guaranteed to sort out the problem and that there could be more.

I am gutted and cant believe a main dealer can contemplate nearly £2000 of work and not guarantee the problem to go away.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

How old is the vehicle?

Alex

Hi. It's a2009 with 108k. Cheers

Whoops. It's 2009 and mileage 108,000 miles

Can someone please advise me on this one. The above warnings came on dash. The car runs perfectly the park brake works. The only sign of a problem is a rocking of engine when it is switched off (as if pressure is not released). A local garage checked faults and came up with an EGR problem. Main dealer came up with throttle body replacement and decoke (£500) and handbrake actuator (£1500). They also said this was not guaranteed to sort out the problem and that there could be more.

I am gutted and cant believe a main dealer can contemplate nearly £2000 of work and not guarantee the problem to go away.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quote:- "They also said this was not guaranteed to sort out the problem and that there could be more".

I think you should take your car to another Toyota dealers my friend and find out for sure what the problem really is and get a price for the work, don't mention you have been elsewhere.

OR ..... I would have the EGR valve and manifold removed, get them both cleaned out and refitted, (disconnect the Battery negative whilst it's being done) this will clear the previous fault codes and then give it a try.

There is a very good tutorial on this forum showing you how easily it can be done in 1-2 hours depending how much carbon is in there and you don't need to be a technician to do it.

Best regards .... Pete.

Thanks Pete for your comprehensive reply. Car is booked in Tuesday morning for egr clean and decoke at local garage. Btw after driving on motorway yesterday it went into what I presume was limp mode. There appeared to be loss of power/acceleration. A quick off and restart of engine didn't alter performance. However after nipping into local shop for 5 minutes and restarting performance was back to normal. I will update Tuesday thanks Graham

Unfortunately egr clean and decoke didnt do the trick. New EGR bought will be fitting next couple of days. This is contrary to main dealers advice (they advise throttle body asbly and brake actuator). Fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

Can now inform that EGR replaced but didnt solve problem but throttle body has now been replaced and car is running perfect. N.B. the park brake actuator did not need replacing as per main dealers diagnosis thus saving approx £1500!!!! I am currently waiting a reply from customer liason as to their initial diagnosis.

Can now inform that EGR replaced but didnt solve problem but throttle body has now been replaced and car is running perfect. N.B. the park brake actuator did not need replacing as per main dealers diagnosis thus saving approx £1500!!!! I am currently waiting a reply from customer liason as to their initial diagnosis.

They don't call em stealers for nowt mate,glad your getting it sorted.