Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lindop Chip Kit

mikis

Hi Everyone

I have tryed to do a little research on the Lindop Chip Kit because it looks very interesting.

I went on their webpage clikced on the fitting instructions but unfortunately they were not clear to me.

Can anyone tell me if it would be easy for MrT ,or some other mechanic that has chiped other cars to be able to fit it?

I know Charlie has it and he is happy with it and BigKev had it or still has it.

Any experiences would be helpfull.

Many Regards

Mikis

Greece

Fitting is very easy, just two connections, one to the fuel pressure sensor, one to the boost pressure sensor

If Big_Kev can fit it........................... :lol: :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Fitting is very easy, just two connections, one to the fuel pressure sensor, one to the boost pressure sensor

If Big_Kev can fit it........................... :lol: :lol:

For the first time, Mikis, I cannot argue with Kingo.....takes 7 minutes to fit and 6 minutes to tidy up wires with ties......thoroughly recommend as worked great in my SR 180.

Big Kev....Lindop's best salesman....

• Like 1

Golf balls Kev........On their way.........:yes:

I can also confirm that the kit is very easy to fit, if I can do it, anyone can. The resultant performance improvement is very noticable.

Cheers

Golf balls Kev........On their way......... :yes:

His next excuse will be the shop has run out of Dunlop 65's (discontinued decades ago....)....Don.....it's a kind of ball......

Ever heard of Callaway?...........apparently it's some sort of golfy sort of company

Ever heard of Callaway?...........apparently it's some sort of golfy sort of company

Naw.....it's a Scottish word for leaving yer wife...." Callaway then, and ah'm taking the Rav....."

• Like 1

can I ask a UK related question ?

How much (not £ s d but %age) does fitting one of these kits add to your insurance ?

As we're all mature-ish adults I presume these kits lead to improved economy - by how much (a rough %age will do) ?

ta

I guess it all depends how you drive and where you drive. I found an 8mpg difference with chip installed when driving carefully along the same stretch of road.

Sent you an email about your above post ....:D

so from JHL I see i could get an extra 8mpg.

That's pretty good as I get a brim to brim 46mpg on a long motorway run.

I would still be interested to hear about additional insurance costs though (as a %age) as I'm sure they will only view chipping as a performance hike.

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine on order from Lindop......not a two cable connection for mine though, one connection for each injector and one from the fuel pressure sensor. Also need to find out how many wires on the injector connectors, 2 or 4. Any ideas? I haven't looked yet.

so from JHL I see i could get an extra 8mpg.

That's pretty good as I get a brim to brim 46mpg on a long motorway run.

I would still be interested to hear about additional insurance costs though (as a %age) as I'm sure they will only view chipping as a performance hike.

Insurance companies vary so much. Some see it as another profit opportunity, others only charge an admin fee. I was charged £20 to change address last week and an additional £1.99 premium :angry:

Chris. Sorry there is no easy answer, you need to look at the injector connector and count the wires, nothing on the parts system says if it is 2 or 4 pin