Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Problem?

morg106

Iv had My Avensis for a little under a month and have noticed something.

One Night i was sat in the front room about 9.30pm when an alarm starting going off, as its new to me i was unaware that it was mine, i went to grab the key and go outside but after about 45 secs it turned off anyway, there was no one about so i thought nothing of it.

Next night 9.30pm it happens again, i spoke to a family member in which they suggested making sure all the windows were up fully, which i did, it didnt do it the next night however it does seem to happen sporadically.

Its almost as if someone has set it like an alarm clock, to go off aroud 9.30ish on certain days.

Also how come it switches itself off? isnt the whole point of a car alarm to alert to potential theft, therefore should ring out till stopped by the key?

Has anyone else had to deal with this or know how to stop this?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Phil

No idea why it's happening but modern alarm systems have to turn off after a set period of time. The alarm system should then reset itself.

Hi

2010 Avensis. should still be under warranty, take itbackto main dealers for them to sort out.

• Like 1

Sorry, forget that, looked at wrong date. Had a similar problem with my Avensis, dealers fitted some insulation material between the sensorsunder the interior sensorsand roof, cured it.

Strange that the alarm goes off at 9.30 every time, when the alarm goes off it stores the reason / cause and then flashes the immobiliser light a certain amount of times when you next start the car. Have a look at your manual which will tell you what the flashes equal e.g 1 flash OSF door, 3 flashes Bonnet etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so thank you for all your replys.

I think I have found the cause!

I had two weeks off work after an operation, that's two weeks I didn't drive my car, sporadicly the alarm went off at night.

The night before I go back to work I get in my

Car, as I start driving off I notice 9-10 baby moths flying around the dash, I despatched them and sprayed an insect killer then it struck me, they only come out at night, perhaps they somehow triggered off the alarm eveytime they come out?

Since getting rid of them it hasn't happened?

Could that be it?

• 1 month later...

Hi morg106,

I have the same problem but i can't see any insects in my car :)

Next week i have Mr T checking it as its under warranty

Since your last post and insect removal, did you experienced this fault again ?