Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecb

mc1986

Ate they any good? I need to get new discs and pads a round for my 190 t sport and was thinkng about getting them all around been quoted £390 all around for red pads but was thinking of doing red on front and green on back instead? Anyone suggest otherwise for same money or less but better quality?

The titles ment to say ebc lol

I have ebc grooved and dimpled with green pads on front, standard on rears, and they seem ok so far.

Had them on now for 5 months but car off road for 2 months in between.

Some dont like them and find faults with rusting and corrosion, but so far ok on mine.

Wishing I had upgraded the rears also, which I WILL do when they need changing.

Have a look at the mintex discs, they seem to be more popular.

Iv just read loads of stuff about ebc disks that they warp and stuff, so i might go for mintex discs but what pads do people use mostly? Ferodo? Ebc? Mintex?

I would strongly recommend MTEC grooved disc. If you are only going to drive normally then Mintex pads are good enough. I'm not a fan of EBC pads having had several failures but then I do track. Currently I'm using TRD but these are expensive. Ferodo DS2500 are good for fast road and track.

Are MTEC for track or road? I just want half decent brakes so can stop when i need to, ya trd are mega £££ same as terox, i mostly drive normal, but when i do boot it about or when its raining struggle to stop so just want to cover the braking in rain and stuff... Im goingg to replace brake lines with braided hoses to help with the squeezeness aswell!

Sorry mate as GreyRacer said.... I got ny products mixed up.

I meant MTEC

And theres no issues with MTEC discs warping like the reviews iv bee readin on ebc ones?

As I said my ebc's are good so far, but I would.value Greyracers opinion more on different variables. He is a friend of mine too... Hope that helps.

Any make of disc can 'warp'. And btw there is no such thing as warping. The condition is really high spots which appear on a disc when pad and disc are overheated and remain in contact. MTEC are a quality mid range disc very suitable for fast road use and occasional track. I have seriously fried one once and only the pad crumbled. The MTEC was still perfect. You may find Red Stuff a little noisy but if not used on track they are a good fast road pad. Yellow for track use. Mintex are a 'soft' compound but respond well. There is a corporate member on another very well know Celica forum who deals in brakes with good prices for members.

Ok cool, il have a look at the MTEC disc's, well i doubt id be doing any track racing tbh so its either red stuff or the mintex pads? Ahh could u point me in the direction of this member? :)

I cant find mtec discs for ZZT231 only ZZT230? :/ i got a celica VVTL-i 190 t-sport 2002.

Ok cool, il have a look at the MTEC disc's, well i doubt id be doing any track racing tbh so its either red stuff or the mintex pads? Ahh could u point me in the direction of this member? :)

PM sent

Yes these are correct. The black or silver finishes are worthwhile to stop hub rusting.

My silvered ones.

bdf0f6ec.jpg

P1000499.jpg

Ok so i have decided to get the grooved mtec discs, or shall i get grooved and dimpled?

Now its toss between the ferodo pads that come with them or ebc red? Mainly fast road/normal driving?

Ok so i have decided to get the grooved mtec discs, or shall i get grooved and dimpled?

Now its toss between the ferodo pads that come with them or ebc red? Mainly fast road/normal driving?

Don't bother with the dimples, just grooves. The Ferodos are normal pads and will be completely fine. The Reds are better for aggressive driving and braking but be aware that they can be noisy. They also respond better to warming up. If you do buy them make sure you follow the bedding in process especially with new discs.

Ok il give the ferodo's a try and see how get on with them i think then ebc reds if dont get on, yeah il bed the pads in properly, thank you for your help greyracer :) i got quoted £410 for ebc discs and pads all round, so u have saved me £200 on getting the mtec and ferodos (y)

• Like 2

On the mtec site it says all the discs are for zzt230? Do u think thats just mistake and mean some

Are for 231?

Cool, i just pm'd that guy on cc so will see if he can do them any cheaper

Next time I replace front disc, I will be fitting these too, this will give me a better understanding for myself of the differences between the ebc and mtec's.

Then I will be able to give a better report.

I havent done a proper track with mine but the A86 in Scottish Highlands is my 'racetrack'.....twists, turns, hairpin, chicane's and long straights, which is a lot of fun in the T Sport. :ph34r: sshh dont tell the boys in blue, you never see them here, :thumbsup:

My discs are grooved and dimpled and do work better than ordinary standards, but still are not as good at stopping as I would like.

But for now I have to persevere with what I got.