Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Avensis 1998 Model Not Starting When Hot

ajaz

hi everyone,i have a Toyota avensis 1998 model and I have problems starting it when it gets hot! no problem when cold, I have took it to several mechanics but cant find a problem. I have changed the crank sensor but no luck! the diagnostics showing crank sensor..so I put a brand new one in! the car turns over put doesn't seem to fire up, there is spark I have checked.

I know your problem I've had myself its a weak starter-motor , I had mine change four years ago no problems since then.

hi dog7, thanks for your reply! I was thinking about putting a new starter motor but still not sure because when the car is hot,the starter motor is turning but does not fire up! so what do you say,is it still the starter motor...

Hello .Ajaz, mine was the same as yours it would turnover but not fast enough to start the engine. The d4d diesel needs a good kick to start when hot.

Same problem on the 2.2 D4D. Got a new starter all was good after.

hi guys! I will try putting a new starter motor, will let you know the outcome! by the way mines a petrol engine, don't think that will make a difference. I was doing some research online and someone said they had the same problem with their ford vehicle and they changed the main relay I think or the fuel relay and problem solved..so I'm a bit baffled.. lol..

It could be the starter motor relay, or the fuel pump circuit.

How are the HT leads? They tend to break down when hot.

The only thing you can do is to check and clean any connections.

hi guys,since I have put this topic on Toyota forum the car has not yet give me problems with starting yet! so thumbs up at moment..

Wow, truly the internet is a powerful thing! Lol

• Like 1