Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Reflection

ss003

Noticed recently that the reflection from my dashboard in the windscreen is incredibly distracting, especially with the pattern designed on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to reduce the reflections?

Try using matt Armorall (or Simonize or Turtle Wax) dashboard wipes to reduce the refections from the dashboard.

Been there, had the same problem, completely removed using polarising sunglasses.

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here. Told to the dealer but no solution. Tried cleaning the dashboard with specific products (always matt) but the reflection is still there. Here in southern Spain, when the sun shines almost every day of the year, is a really annoying problem, and even dangerous.

I think that the problem can be the windscreen, not the dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem is definately the dashboard, both its shape and the pattern.

It still amazes me that they designed it like this and have left it so since the first model in 2005...

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, I've had this too in my 107 hire car; I even tried laying some black felt over and that did help a bit (Nice uniform black, almost like a tint, rather than the horrible dotted pattern that makes it like driving in the rain!) but got extremely hot, so much that I was starting to worry it would become a fire risk! :eek:

This was the good thing about the windscreen being more vertical and the driver position being closer in my Yaris; Reflections much less noticeable!

On a slight tangent, is it just me or is the rear view mirror slightly convex? Everything seems slightly larger than it should when I'm looking through it and it's freaking me out. Isn't the rear view mirror is supposed to a flat mirror?!

I do wish I had the side mirrors on my Yaris tho' - The ones on the 107 are so big and round! Great wide view!

Surprisingly, I never noticed the reflection before today. It seems to be very irritating on a bright summer day. Sweden has fewer bright summer days and that is why I never noticed it before.

If one was feeling brave he/she could flock the dash. A flocked dash would cut down the reflections big time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links