Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Setting Up The Incar Phone

Paul Moore

Hi Guys, I've managed to get my phone to talk to the radio in my new 59 rav, but it doesnt show names from my address book when someone is calling, is this possible? do I need extra software on my phone ?

the phone is a Samsung S3.

Thanks in advance !

It will only show the names of the 6 fast dial tags assigned to the preset buttons. You have to program them in.

Thanks for that, I once had a ford a few years ago with a radio that had the phone on it and that showed everything, even texts scrolled across !!

I have always been told that Toyota are better than ford...... obviously not on the radios !!

Thanks for the help though, I'll just put up with not knowing whos rining as I have more than 6 contacts !

Its a very good kit in terms of call quality but yes, it is the first of the RAV kits that were standard across the range. Even the touch and go in my SR is nowhere near as good as the set up in my cheap and chearful Kia Soul. You could even shout out your intended contact in that car and Mrs Kia would have a pretty damn good try at recognising even the most awkward name.

I shout the name of the contact and get told off by the management for shouting at her, then asked if I want mobile, landline or text :)

TBH I wish I had an XTR auto as I don't like the wheel arch extensions.